Author Topic: '90s Balkan Wars: Eight Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Charged with Killing Croats  (Read 789 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Eight Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Charged with Killing Croats
Emina Dizdarevic

Eight former Bosnian Army servicemen accused of the killings of more than 14 Croats in the village of Krizancevo Selo near Vitez in 1993 were charged with war crimes against prisoners of war and civilians.

The Bosnian state prosecution alleges that Puric committed the crimes as commander of the Bosnian Army’s 325th Mountain Brigade and commander of its Tactical Group, Tarahija as commander of the Third Battalion of the brigade, Sivro as assistant commander for security and Nurkovic as assistant commander for morale. The other four suspects were members of the 325th Mountain Brigade, the prosecution claims.

“They have been charged with war crimes against Croat victims committed at Krizancevo Selo, Safradin and Dubravica, where, on December 22, 1993, at least 12 captured Croatian Defence Council members, who had previously surrendered, and two Croat female civilians were killed and property was pillaged and destroyed,” the prosecution said in a statement.

Read more at: http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/eight-bosnian-army-ex-soldiers-charged-with-killing-croats-01-22-2019

They are charged, a lot of these trials have had innocent verdicts. I post stories like this that tell us that alleged war criminals are still arrested, seemingly weekly over there.

I believe if one searches youtube.com , one might find a decent British historic-type movie with the keywords "Sarajevo" and "movie"...it's actually pretty good (some others are not).

What they are accused of is very bad. I think '93 is about when it really fell apart there. Horrible war.  Now, KFOR went over there, EU and NATO around. It's a peaceful situation.

Offline Frank Cannon

I post stories like this that tell us that alleged war criminals are still arrested, seemingly weekly over there.

Fascinating Tommy. Absolutely fascinating. I wake up every day wondering what his happening in Bosnia. Guy in line at McDonalds last week turned and asked me if I heard the latest updates. Fortunately I was able to give him a blow by blow in excruciating detail.

BTW does anyone know where Bosnia is? Is that outside Rochester NY?

Offline dfwgator

I'm shocked they actually prosecuted Muslims.

Offline Frank Cannon

Sorry. I just looked it up and I was thinking about Batavia not Bosnia.

Offline mountaineer

I wonder when they'll go after the Croats - or Bill Clinton, for that matter - for committing war crimes against the Serbs. Mr. M's cousin's home in Ogulin, Croatia (which we later visited), was firebombed by Croats for no reason other than his Serbian heritage. When Maddy Halfbright came to visit, her Croatian hosts pointed to such damaged buildings as proof of Serbian atrocities.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org