General Category > Politics/Government

McConnell and Schumer Strike Deal For Senate Votes on Funding….

<< < (2/3) > >>

jpsb:

--- Quote from: Victoria33 on January 23, 2019, 03:33:17 pm ---@jpsb

Heard/read/saw yesterday, each bill takes 60 votes to pass.  Fox/CNN opinions are, both bills will not reach 60, both will fail.  The search continues to find one that pleases both parties.  333cleo

--- End quote ---

My take is that Schumer and Mitch have reached a deal and will allow a vote. So closure (60 votes)
will not be an issue. I might be wrong but that my take.

RetBobbyMI:

Heard/read/saw yesterday, each bill takes 60 votes to pass.  Fox/CNN opinions are, both bills will not reach 60, both will fail.  The search continues to find one that pleases both parties.  333cleo

--- End quote ---
It takes 60 if the GOP lets the Dems run the show, as they usually do. But it only take a majority to change them darn rules.

Emjay:

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure about that.  Why would these bills require a 60 vote majority?

Fishrrman:
jpsb wrote:
"GOP has 53 votes in the Senate, Trump should get his wall money."

Doesn't matter, the bill will also have to be passed by the House, and you know that ain't happenin' ...

libertybele:

--- Quote from: jpsb on January 22, 2019, 11:34:15 pm ---GOP has 53 votes in the Senate, Trump should get his wall money.

--- End quote ---

The Senate consists of 53 GOP, 45 DEMS and 2 IN...doesn't necessarily mean that ALL 53 GOP will vote the same way.  They have a terrible past track record.  Who knows which way the RINO's will vote.  Not at all confident in this majority.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version