Author Topic: MLK’s Son Criticizes Mike Pence: My Father ‘Was a Bridge Builder, Not A Wall Builder’  (Read 848 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So ... yet another criticism of Pence and another news source is criticizing his wife, Karen.  Gaga made a public criticism.  IMHO it would seem that the left is starting early to discredit the VP as well as the president going into the 2020 election. Perhaps they are hopeful of impeaching both, leaving the door open for God forbid Pelosi?

MLK’s Son Criticizes Mike Pence: My Father ‘Was a Bridge Builder, Not A Wall Builder’

The son of Martin Luther King Jr. criticized Vice President Mike Pence for twisting his father’s words in an attempt to sell the U.S.-Mexico border wall.

On Sunday, Pence quoted King during an appearance on CBS’ “Face The Nation” as he praised President Donald Trump for his latest attempt at ending the ongoing partial government shutdown.

“One of my favorite quotes from Dr. King was, ‘Now is the time to make the real promises of democracy.’ You think of how he changed America,” Pence told host Margaret Brennan. “He inspired us to change through legislative process to become a more perfect union. That’s exactly what President Trump is calling on the Congress to do: Come to the table in a spirit of good faith. We’ll secure our border, we’ll reopen our government.”........

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/martin-luther-king-jr-mike-pence-border-wall_us_5c465964e4b0a8dbe1742a41
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I’ll give MLK credit for holding fast to non-violence, in a time and place where that stance was extremely difficult. However, there’s a lot more about the man that remains under seal. I doubt we’ll see the records released in 8 years.

Another body of material related to the task force records, accessioned almost twenty years ago, will be available for research in the year 2027. In 1978 NARA accessioned fifty-six linear feet of records relating to the FBI's surveillance of Dr. King as a result of a court order issued by Judge John Lewis Smith, Jr., of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia on January 31, 1977. The order required the FBI to assemble all known copies of documents and tapes relating to the surveillance of Dr. King and to prepare an inventory of this material, all of which was to be transferred to the National Archives' custody and remain under seal for fifty years.

https://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/1997/summer/equality-in-the-sixties.html#f3
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I’ll give MLK credit for holding fast to non-violence, in a time and place where that stance was extremely difficult. However, there’s a lot more about the man that remains under seal. I doubt we’ll see the records released in 8 years.

Another body of material related to the task force records, accessioned almost twenty years ago, will be available for research in the year 2027. In 1978 NARA accessioned fifty-six linear feet of records relating to the FBI's surveillance of Dr. King as a result of a court order issued by Judge John Lewis Smith, Jr., of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia on January 31, 1977. The order required the FBI to assemble all known copies of documents and tapes relating to the surveillance of Dr. King and to prepare an inventory of this material, all of which was to be transferred to the National Archives' custody and remain under seal for fifty years.

https://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/1997/summer/equality-in-the-sixties.html#f3

I don't think those records will be publicly released; just as we'll never truly know about JFK.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So what?  MLK's niece praises Trump.  (Alveda King)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Take anything the FBI says about anyone, especially from that time period, with a heavy grain of salt. Hoover had an enemies list, and I don't doubt for a moment that he'd be willing to make stuff up about someone just to smear them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

The MLK family is just another subsidiary of the DNC.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Take anything the FBI says about anyone, especially from that time period, with a heavy grain of salt. Hoover had an enemies list, and I don't doubt for a moment that he'd be willing to make stuff up about someone just to smear them.

Except there were wiretaps and transcripts. I’m sure they were damaging or Hoover would not have kept them. Who knows what material Ms Gandy destroyed.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So what?  MLK's niece praises Trump.  (Alveda King)

Yes, I have heard that.  My reason for posting is the recent criticism of the Pences within the past couple of days -- my hunch is it will continue and carry over into the elections. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, I have heard that.  My reason for posting is the recent criticism of the Pences within the past couple of days -- my hunch is it will continue and carry over into the elections.

Ms. King participated in the March For Life too. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Misleading headline: King was criticizing Trump, not Pence.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Everyone knew MLK was committing adultery. Hoover had the evidence. But Big Brother will make sure it never sees the light of day.
Countdown to Resignation