Author Topic: "I Have A Dream"  (Read 616 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
"I Have A Dream"
« on: January 21, 2019, 04:35:54 pm »
Just a little reminder about how the dream that Dr. King had for us today has been turned inside out and exploited by the very people who claim to carry on his legacy.

Sorry...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: "I Have A Dream"
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 05:06:48 pm »
Just a little reminder about how the dream that Dr. King had for us today has been turned inside out and exploited by the very people who claim to carry on his legacy.

I am sure with you on this topic. As teens and young adults, I learned to embrace this man's cause and words.

The Watts riots, death of King and Robert Kennedy, 1968 Chicago democrat convention, yet my family never thought to abandon hope for a better nation.

While serving in the US Army I was appointed co-chair of a study panel, to investigate racial discord.

By that time, the military was using affirmative action, to remedy whatever they thought it could do.

In corporate hiring, I always gave a minority person a completely fair chance. Minorities on my staff, got equal treatment.

But later in life, I witness the whole meaning being subverted. Leftism has ruined higher education.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 05:15:43 pm »
I am sure with you on this topic. As teens and young adults, I learned to embrace this man's cause and words.

The Watts riots, death of King and Robert Kennedy, 1968 Chicago democrat convention, yet my family never thought to abandon hope for a better nation.

While serving in the US Army I was appointed co-chair of a study panel, to investigate racial discord.

By that time, the military was using affirmative action, to remedy whatever they thought it could do.

In corporate hiring, I always gave a minority person a completely fair chance. Minorities on my staff, got equal treatment.

But later in life, I witness the whole meaning being subverted. Leftism has ruined higher education.

Well said.  :beer:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 11:19:01 pm »
There was a time, many many years ago, when I thought that King had a worthy cause.

Time and experience have taught me otherwise.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 01:05:42 am »
There was a time, many many years ago, when I thought that King had a worthy cause.

Time and experience have taught me otherwise.
I liked MLK and supported his work, but I don't think they should have a holiday for him. A commemoration maybe, but not a holiday.
 The holiday was created because  blacks demanded "their" holiday not understanding that all American holidays are "their" holidays.
At some point blacks have to shed their victimization mindset and join other Americans.
They are not oppressed anymore. They have to get with the program.