Author Topic: Exclusive: White House Preparing Draft National Emergency Order And Identified $7 Billion For Wall  (Read 4929 times)

Offline verga

Seems to me that declaring a national emergency and then reopening the government is Trump's only option....

It will be tied up in the courts until after the 2020 election, but will give him a campaign issue to motivate the "base."  :shrug:
No it won't. Demorats get 9th circuit to declare it illegal, Trump fast tracks it tot he Supreme court and they overturn the 9th circuit. Should take all of 2-3 weeks, max.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No it won't. Demorats get 9th circuit to declare it illegal, Trump fast tracks it tot he Supreme court and they overturn the 9th circuit. Should take all of 2-3 weeks, max.

Refreshing to see some optimism @verga
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Who's this 'we'? They don't speak for me. I don't think they speak for a consequential minority of 'us'.

My apologies @skeeter  ... I certainly wasn't thinking of you when I posted.  I'd just finished reading through a lot of the threads on the Forum and well ....I  meant "them".   happy77

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The administration's plans acknowledge the possibility for lawsuits if they move forward with acquiring private property. The documents also reflect a sense of urgency with administration plans, noting that environmental reviews can be skipped and DHS can use waivers to bypass contracting laws.

Thanks for the links @edpc
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

OMG you didn't put *CNN* in the title..the snowflakes here will be traumatized when they click on this article... :smokin:

:silly:
 :beer: :patriot: :seeya:

Offline libertybele

Also, if the Dems win the White House in 2020, what makes you think that they won't declare an national emergency on guns if there is another school shooting or a national emergency on climate change?

Think about the ramifications long term.

Trump does have an history of wanting to steal land.

A school shooting would hardly be reason to declare a NATIONAL emergency or even a STATE emergency...the big difference is that what is happening at the border is an invasion on the entire country.  Securing our borders is one thing, putting a school on lock down is quite another; similar but one is of a much broader scope.

Secondly, declaring an emergency on guns would violate 2nd amendment rights.  Trump's national emergency is not violating the rights of anyone; quite the opposite.  He is preserving the rights of the citizens of this country to be protected from all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

From my understanding, once a national emergency is declared it remains. There have been numerous times in the history of our country when a national emergency has been declared.

President Jimmy Carter declared the first national emergency under the NEA in 1979, with an order blocking Iranian government property from entering the U.S. in response to the Iran hostage crisis.....

......Since that first order in 1979, American presidents have declared 58 national emergencies. According to the Brennan Center's running count, 31 of these are still in effect—including the ban on Iranian property, which was extended in November of 2018. In other words, the country has been in some state of emergency for almost four decades.

These 58 national emergencies include declarations over dealings with Yemen, Syria, and North Korea, among others; sanctions against an array of terrorist groups, including one after 9/11; and various orders concerning nuclear weapons, diamonds imported from Sierra Leone, and the 2009 swine flu epidemic. Most recently, George W. Bush declared 13 and Barack Obama 12, most of which are still in effect, according to CNN.

https://psmag.com/news/the-united-states-states-of-emergencies
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline montanajoe

Geez.... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

What happens if a national emergency is declared? Are those lawsuits put on a back burner until the emergency has been resolved?

What happens if the gov't claims that due to drugs being smuggled across the border it can seize the land via Civil Asset Forfeiture?

[I really hate that crap].
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What happens if the gov't claims that due to drugs being smuggled across the border it can seize the land via Civil Asset Forfeiture?

[I really hate that crap].

That only works if the landowner is complicit in the activities.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Isn't one of the core arguments behind CAF that the asset itself is (somehow) guilty (allowing them to get around due process and hold the asset until the (former) owner can prove innocence instead of them having to prove guilt)?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Seize first. Then try to get your land back...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:08:55 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Montana Joe wrote:
"It will be tied up in the courts until after the 2020 election"

No need for that.

If the democrat-communists of the Congress try to take legal action against him, that dispute (between two branches of government) should be eligible for an expedited appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Any property disputes can be settled quickly via special courts set up to handle eminent-domain issues.

That's how I believe it can be handled.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What is the Roosevelt Reservation for $1,000 Alex?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What is the Roosevelt Reservation for $1,000 Alex?

Spot on!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

So driving home tonight I got to thinking: Could this be Trumps way of putting Pelosi on notice that he is going to win come hell or high water and unless she wants to end up with only egg on her face that she better get on board the train, or get run over by it. He will keep vilifying them as pro crime, pro illegals, and anti- Americans. He has the bully pulpit the press literally has to cover him and the more he repeats this mantra the more it will sink in.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Seems to me that declaring a national emergency and then reopening the government is Trump's only option....

Failure is also an option.  One which President Trump is intimately familiar with. 

Also, if the Dems win the White House in 2020, what makes you think that they won't declare an national emergency on guns if there is another school shooting or a national emergency on climate change?

Of course they will.  That is why President Trump must appointed emperor for life.

My apologies @skeeter  ... I certainly wasn't thinking of you when I posted.  I'd just finished reading through a lot of the threads on the Forum and well ....I  meant "them".   happy77

Lord I hope I'm "them."  I've always wanted to be "them."

Offline RetBobbyMI

A bunch of ranchers along the border have already filed proactive lawsuits to stop eminent domain over it. There are issues with water and grazing rights that they have now that they feel will be threatened. (Think Bundy Ranch stuff).
Which part of the 2200 mile border.  Ranchers in Texas are offering land to the government.  It’s only a few hundred feet, not whole ranches or 1 acre lots.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy