Author Topic: Call-Out Conservatives Join the Left’s Lynch Mob  (Read 557 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Call-Out Conservatives Join the Left’s Lynch Mob
« on: January 22, 2019, 12:28:19 pm »
Call-Out Conservatives Join the Left’s Lynch Mob
American Greatness, Jan 21, 2019, Julie Kelly

[...]

So, what motivated a seemingly measured man like Frankovich to pen a midnight hit piece on teenagers? What compelled Lowry and Nordlinger to join the outrage mob, and Goldberg to defend their choice? Why do NeverTrump (or even SometimesTrump) “conservatives” like Lowry more often than not side with the Left’s mercenaries in the media who are hellbent on destroying this presidency and the people who support it? After all, these are the same folks who warn us on a daily basis that the president cannot be trusted, that he’s a dishonest purveyor of the truth, and that his cult-like followers have no ability to distinguish fact from fiction.

The easy explanation for their bad behavior this weekend would be confirmation bias, the propensity to select or ignore evidence to support a specific viewpoint. Anti-Trump “conservatives” long ago decided that Donald Trump not only is unfit for office, but that his supporters are ignorant rubes with racist tendencies. (NR’s David French wrote recently that Trump is the reason for a supposed—but actually imaginary—rise in white supremacy.)

In an interview Monday night, Goldberg again defended his side’s confirmation bias by invoking another tactic—false equivalence. “The confirmation bias that says, ah ha, this proves that the people I disagree with aren’t just wrong, they’re evil, which is rampant on both sides of the aisle these days.” Contrary to how Goldberg tries to sell it, it’s pernicious on one side: His.

But this time they crossed a line. It wasn’t their usual hyperventilating about Trump-Russia conspiracies or “shithole countries” comments or exit strategies for our troops in the Middle East. No, this time they exploited innocent high school students for their own political gratification. They abandoned not just their professional duty but their self-proclaimed conservative principles and any sense of decency—all in order to Get Trump.

More:  https://amgreatness.com/2019/01/21/call-out-conservatives-join-the-lefts-lynch-mob/

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:48:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Call-Out Conservatives Join the Left’s Lynch Mob
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 12:29:42 pm »
FTA

But what did Trump-hating “conservatives” do? They betrayed boys who, by all appearances, are the progeny of conservatism. They aided the Left in the virtual thrashing that prompted death threats against the children and their families. They acted in the same way—worse!—they accuse the president of behaving. They sided with the enemy.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 01:39:42 pm »
This kind of stuff, well detailed by the author, is exactly why I despise NeverTrumpers and why I am so disappointed in self righteous conservatives – but, I repeat myself.

Liberal democrats could not have done more damage to America and to Donald Trump and his agenda to change Washington’s bloated, police state trajectory than these so-called conservative NeverTrumpers.

One other thing, Frankovich reveals himself to be a blithering moron.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 01:56:11 pm »
This story must be a blogosphere  story. I haven’t heard this except on here and others I’ve talked to have never heard of it, either. Of course, if it was on CNN I doubt very many people have heard it
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:12:16 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy