Author Topic: Is standup comedy doomed? The future of funny post-Kevin Hart, Louis CK and Nanette  (Read 2986 times)

Offline RoosGirl

They're not as chronic as those on the left, but they do look like fools in those situations.

I'm not wild about such film scenes myself, but I'd rather write a critique about it without calling for it to be banned. What used to be true when we were growing up remains so---the more someone in actual or alleged authority calls for censorship, the more people want to see the item in question. (I mean, isn't it so that the more the leftists scream bloody murder about this or that it just makes everyone else want to see or hear this or that?)

I tried to point out just that on another thread tonight and was told I must have had a poor upbringing.   Heathens unite!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 05:46:09 am by RoosGirl »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I tried to point out just that on another thread tonight and was told I must have had a poor upbringing.   Heathens unite!
@RoosGirl
We have nothing to lose but our marble! (Singular.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

Let's be honest here. You did have a poor upbringing being from the south. I have read about this in the New York Times....

Offline RoosGirl

Let's be honest here. You did have a poor upbringing being from the south. I have read about this in the New York Times....

I'm positive I'm related to them in some fashion.