Author Topic: U.S. Army uses remotely-controlled mine clearance vehicle to keep soldiers safe  (Read 471 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. Army uses remotely-controlled mine clearance vehicle to keep soldiers safe
Jan 20, 2019

The U.S. Army has reported that it uses modern technology at the battlefield to keep soldiers safe, included new remote-controlled mine clearance vehicles.

The machine is a M160, also called the MV4 DO-KING, a remote-controlled, tracked mine clearance system designed for the destruction of anti-personnel mines and unexploded ordnance.

The M160 Robotic Mine Flail is designed to clear areas of anti-personnel mines to keep ground forces safe. Using line of sight remote control, soldiers remain a safe distance away from any potential detonations and tripwires.

https://defence-blog.com/army/u-s-army-uses-remotely-controlled-mine-clearance-vehicle-to-keep-soldiers-safe.html

Offline RetBobbyMI

Not new. Been around for years. Has been in use in Iraq and Afghanistan for almost a decade. It’s biggest problem: it tears up the dirt roads and creates a hell of a dust storm. But it’s works...except on remote controlled standoff devices.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy