Author Topic: Kamala Harris is running for President, Expanding Democratic Primary Field  (Read 7596 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Kamala Harris is running for President, Expanding Democratic Primary Field
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2019, 04:43:03 pm »
When I first read that Harris was a "rising star" I got the same sick feeling I had when I read it about obama. Maybe it is nothing. Only my own paranoia. I have plenty of that. And I know other people are described as rising stars, but with this. I simply don't trust them. Orchestrated. FORCED.

I am just asking you all to pay attention. IMO, she has the same handlers and big money obama did.
Good catch. You're absolutely right.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2019, 04:51:52 pm »
The ‘knock’ on Harris, as far as progressives feel, was her previous defense of the death penalty as California AG, despite being against it personally, along with conduct scandals among her staff. However, we’ve seen how the left will ignore duplicity, if it means winning. Clinton signed a crime bill and welfare reform, before the 1996 election. Clinton’s history of sexual misconduct was ignored by women’s rights groups. Obama professed a belief in same sex marriage, before he supposedly ‘evolved’ on the issue. Harris can bring the minority voters back that stayed home for Hillary, last time. That puts PA, MI, WI, and NC in play. I think Trump can still hold FL and OH, but the midterm makes me wonder if AZ can be flipped, after Sinema was elected.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2019, 04:59:53 pm »
The rats hope to duplicate their success with Obama by getting another 'first' elected president - this time the first black female. Don't think it'll work this time. For one, Harris is damned unlikeable.

For you and me.

However, we’ve seen how the left will ignore duplicity, if it means winning.

@edpc

Given the Left's increasing rabidity, Harris, IMO, may be exactly what they want. Which includes her faults.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2019, 05:06:21 pm »
The ‘knock’ on Harris, as far as progressives feel, was her previous defense of the death penalty as California AG, despite being against it personally, along with conduct scandals among her staff. However, we’ve seen how the left will ignore duplicity, if it means winning. Clinton signed a crime bill and welfare reform, before the 1996 election. Clinton’s history of sexual misconduct was ignored by women’s rights groups. Obama professed a belief in same sex marriage, before he supposedly ‘evolved’ on the issue. Harris can bring the minority voters back that stayed home for Hillary, last time. That puts PA, MI, WI, and NC in play. I think Trump can still hold FL and OH, but the midterm makes me wonder if AZ can be flipped, after Sinema was elected.

Sinema was a special case.  She had a toe-hold in Phoenix, which Dems rarely do when running for the Senate.  That said, AZ has become a lot less red because of the imports, both legal and illegal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2019, 05:08:54 pm »
For you and me.

@edpc

Given the Left's increasing rabidity, Harris, IMO, may be exactly what they want. Which includes her faults.

Especially her faults.

Call her on Any of them and they'll respond with accusations of racism and sexism.

And with Her, the pile of them she's got means they have a Much bigger Menu of them for her to Get called on.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2019, 05:32:11 pm »
RISING STAR

Please pay attention to this people.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/.../kamala-harris-democrats-jeff-sessions

2020 vision? Kamala Harris oversight role gives Democrats a new rising star

Kamala Harris Still Relatively Unknown Despite Her Rising Star Status
https://asamnews.com/2015/06/28/kamala-harris-still-relatively-unknown-despite-her-rising-star-status/
Jun 28, 2015 -

Now Harris is a contender.

Now this:

Rising Star - Washington Post
Sunday, October 22, 2006.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/19/AR2006101901175_pf.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/us/politics/09obama.html
Mar 9, 2008 -

Obama in Senate: Star Power, Minor Role - The New York Times

Obama sets crowds alight – The Denver Post
https://www.denverpost.com/2006/10/24/obama-sets-crowds-alight/
PUBLISHED: October 24, 2006 at 3:44 pm

Rising Star: The Making of Barack Obama by David J. Garrow

When I first read that Harris was a "rising star" I got the same sick feeling I had when I read it about obama. Maybe it is nothing. Only my own paranoia. I have plenty of that. And I know other people are described as rising stars, but with this. I simply don't trust them. Orchestrated. FORCED.

I am just asking you all to pay attention. IMO, she has the same handlers and big money obama did.

@Cyber Liberty
@RoosGirl
@musiclady
@Hoodat
@Quix
@Victoria33
@Smokin Joe
@roamer_1
@the_doc
@Bigun
@sneakypete
@The Ghost
@thackney
@mystery-ak
@Amb. Frank Cannon
@Sanguine
@edpc
@LegalAmerican
@txradioguy
@rangerrebew
@Fishrrman
@Emjay
@To-Whose-Benefit?
@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer
@mountaineer
@libertybele
@XenaLee

I hope I didn't angriate you all by mentioning this.

I wonder who her new Willie Brown is going to be that she can use to ensure she gets the nomination?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2019, 05:58:40 pm »
I wonder who her new Willie Brown is going to be that she can use to ensure she gets the nomination?

Good question.

Background check. Hot off the press.

The San Francisco ghosts in Kamala Harris' past - Washington Examiner

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=26&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwis1M-hu4TgAhUi7YMKHdpQAesQFjAZegQIBRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fopinion%2Fthe-san-francisco-ghosts-in-kamala-harris-past&usg=AOvVaw3283xTOIzZgtc9vW0auYsi

Few outside of California know or care who Willie Brown is. But that may be about to change

snip

Now, we're far beyond the point that a personal past like that disqualifies a candidate.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2019, 06:03:42 pm »

According to this morning's WSJ editorial:

Her book jacket summarizes her rise: 'She progressed rapidly to become the elected District Attorney for San Francisco, and then the chief law enforcement officer' of California.  The longer version is that she dated Willie Brown, the longtime state Assembly Speaker who was three decades her senior.   Mr. Brown appointed her to government sinecure and connected her to Democratic donors, though he isn't mentioned in the book. 

Comment would be superfluous. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2019, 06:11:44 pm »
@Jazzhead

Comment would be superfluous. 

Perhaps for now. (I should have included you in the ping)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2019, 06:14:15 pm »
RISING STAR

Please pay attention to this people.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/.../kamala-harris-democrats-jeff-sessions

@libertybele

I hope I didn't angriate you all by mentioning this.

Not at all.  People do need to pay attention.  I was very troubled that very few people paid any attention to Bammy's voting record while he was a senator or his past.  Agreed, there are some similarities between the two. 

One thing is for certain, the DEMS will absolutely do everything in their power to destroy any chance of Trump winning re-election and if the GOP/RNC should have learned anything from the mid terms is that they need to get their ducks in a row to try to ensure that the DEM corruption and voter fraud is in check.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2019, 06:59:40 pm »
@Jazzhead
@bigheadfred

Touchpads should be burned at the stake and never on another computer.  I wanted to write you about this and my fancy HP computer lost my instruction to keep the touch pad turned off.  Sometimes this happens and it takes punching a bunch of stuff to get it turned off again. I had to stop writing this as the touchpad had the pointer running all over the page and turned this and that on and off.  Finally, I can write with the freaking touchpad off.

You are correct to be concerned about Harris. I saw her/heard her speak/looked up her background.  If Democrats want to win, they should choose her.  It is clear she is smart, has come up through the ranks.  It was easy to listen to her and she explained her points clearly.  I say she is able to talk  better than other Democrats in debates.  Being voted into office by Californians before, she will get the large number of delegates from California.

She will be the one to beat Trump in debates as her speaking is firm and factual.  Trump will give her a nasty name as he does all people except himself - I don't think it will hurt this woman's supporters.

Perhaps the Dems will choose someone else with less smarts/experience/speaking capability.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2019, 07:02:29 pm »
With Willie, she learned at the foot, of one of the slickest of the slick (politicians)

However in my opinion, her demeanor in committee hearings has been offputting, to say the least. Badgering, too damn stern, etc.

@massadvj

I did not know she had any history with Willie Brown.  If so, I never ran into her.  I left Willie in 1983, and she was still in college at that time.  I

f she did work for Willie Brown, and the experience did not turn her into a classical liberal, then she must be corrupt.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2019, 07:07:10 pm »

Thanks, @bigheadfred .

The parallel with Barry Soetoro is scary.  I remember that most, if not all of us, thought he didn't have a snowball's chance in Hades to get elected because he had NO qualifications, and yet, look what happened.

We should, indeed pay attention to this radical "rising star."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2019, 07:14:51 pm »
@bigheadfred

Touchpads should be burned at the stake and never on another computer.  I wanted to write you about this and my fancy HP computer lost my instruction to keep the touch pad turned off.  Sometimes this happens and it takes punching a bunch of stuff to get it turned off again. I had to stop writing this as the touchpad had the pointer running all over the page and turned this and that on and off.  Finally, I can write with the freaking touchpad off.

You are correct to be concerned about Harris. I saw her/heard her speak/looked up her background.  If Democrats want to win, they should choose her.  It is clear she is smart, has come up through the ranks.  It was easy to listen to her and she explained her points clearly.  I say she is able to talk  better than other Democrats in debates.  Being voted into office by Californians before, she will get the large number of delegates from California.

She will be the one to beat Trump in debates as her speaking is firm and factual.  Trump will give her a nasty name as he does all people except himself - I don't think it will hurt this woman's supporters.

Perhaps the Dems will choose someone else with less smarts/experience/speaking capability.

The question will be with the "swing" states.

FWIW, I have never used the touchpad on this laptop. I bought a wireless mouse to go along with it.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2019, 07:15:23 pm »
I thought Nacho Senator from TX was the rising star?   Rats love shiny new objects because their attention span is so short and they are easily distracted.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2019, 07:15:45 pm »
I did not know she had any history with Willie Brown.  If so, I never ran into her.  I left Willie in 1983, and she was still in college at that time.  I

f she did work for Willie Brown, and the experience did not turn her into a classical liberal, then she must be corrupt.

@massadvj

A nubile Harris, after all, slept her way to the middle of California politics after she had an affair with a pol thirty-some years her senior, Willie Brown. An open crook with a Cosbyesque marriage to a long-suffering wife, Brown had no problem arranging lucrative state jobs for Harris after they trysted. The legendary San Francisco columnist Herb Caen called Kamala Harris Brown’s “steady.”

These days Harris furrows her brows over Trump’s “public corruption.” But Willie Brown, to paraphrase Oscar Levant, knew her before she was a virgin. She got at least two public jobs after serving as his mistress, according to the California press. It is safe to say that MSNBC-style fretting over “emoluments” didn’t figure into their pillow talk.

https://spectator.org/run-kamala-run/

IIRC once she got to AG of California she dumped Brown as he was no longer useful to her.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2019, 07:16:10 pm »
The Making of Kamala Harris

Willie Brown’s protégé is remaking herself as a progressive populist

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-making-of-kamala-harris-11548202145?fbclid=IwAR3CQ_8Yh-wlWIi9_xpmdi5dkj_3uPQ9cb96rEr8yprDO66aFnLoZMNm9-8
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2019, 07:20:30 pm »
Watch for the "good cop" Harris vs the "bad cop" Ocasio "the mouth" Cortez play out.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2019, 07:24:24 pm »
The question will be with the "swing" states.

FWIW, I have never used the touchpad on this laptop. I bought a wireless mouse to go along with it.
@bigheadfred

I have a wireless mouse with all my computers - never use the touchpad.  The touchpad on this HP one is the pits to keep it off even though I have the mouse downloaded into computer.  It has been a while since this happened but today there is the touchpad running again.

Anyway, I think you are right about Harris.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2019, 07:27:45 pm »
The Making of Kamala Harris

Willie Brown’s protégé is remaking herself as a progressive populist

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-making-of-kamala-harris-11548202145?fbclid=IwAR3CQ_8Yh-wlWIi9_xpmdi5dkj_3uPQ9cb96rEr8yprDO66aFnLoZMNm9-8

Can't/won't get passed the subscription wall, except for the first quote.

"I love my country and this is a moment in time where I feel a sense of responsibility to fight for who we are"

uh huh

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2019, 07:38:45 pm »
Can't/won't get passed the subscription wall, except for the first quote.

"I love my country and this is a moment in time where I feel a sense of responsibility to fight for who we are"

uh huh

@bigheadfred

It's a story about an ambitious Communist woman who sleeps with a married man 30 years her senior in order to get a solid leg up on a political career.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2019, 07:41:41 pm »
@bigheadfred

It's a story about an ambitious Communist woman who sleeps with a married man 30 years her senior in order to get a solid leg up on a political career.

Never heard of such a thing. But thanks for the warning.  happy77

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2019, 07:46:11 pm »
@bigheadfred

In 1990, California voters approved Proposition 140 — which imposed term limits on members of the California assembly and senate.  It was ostensibly to return to a citizen legislature closer the people, but in reality, voters outside his San Francisco district wanted Assembly Speaker Willie Brown out, and this was the only way to do it.

Twenty eight years later, California still has term limits, but Willie Brown’s  political machine has never been more powerful. This is Willie Brown’s world — you just live here.

While it’s true that Brown is no longer in elected office and is currently 84 years of age, his proteges have their hands firmly on the levers of power, both nationally and in California.

Let’s look at four of his top apprentices: the ex-girlfriend, the right hand, the baby sitter and the sommelier.

The “ex-girlfriend” is California Senator Kamala Harris.

According to the San Francisco Weekly, Harris and Brown met in 1994 when he was speaker of the state Assembly.  He was 60, she was 29.

Prior to her running for office,  Brown appointed Harris to two patronage positions in state government, the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and the California Medical Assistance Commission. These positions paid handsomely, more than $400,000 over five years.

At one point Brown and Harris were the talk of the town.

Right before Brown was sworn in as Mayor of San Francisco, legendary San Francisco columnist Herb Caen implied that the self described “Ayatollah of the Assembly” and “a girlfriend” would soon get married.  In his book, “Basic Brown,” Brown quoted his wife Blanche as responding to the column by saying, “Listen, she may have him at the moment, but come inauguration day and he’s up there on the platform being sworn in, I’ll be the b***h holding the Bible.”

The couple broke up, but the friendship and political alliance remained.

In 2003, Harris decided to run for district attorney of the city and county of San Francisco.  Brown assisted this campaign by raising money on her behalf and introducing her to deep-pocketed donors.

Brown also supported Harris when she successfully ran for attorney general of California and the U.S. Senate in 2016.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2019, 08:05:35 pm »
In 1990, California voters approved Proposition 140 — which imposed term limits on members of the California assembly and senate.  It was ostensibly to return to a citizen legislature closer the people, but in reality, voters outside his San Francisco district wanted Assembly Speaker Willie Brown out, and this was the only way to do it.

Twenty eight years later, California still has term limits, but Willie Brown’s  political machine has never been more powerful. This is Willie Brown’s world — you just live here.

While it’s true that Brown is no longer in elected office and is currently 84 years of age, his proteges have their hands firmly on the levers of power, both nationally and in California.

Let’s look at four of his top apprentices: the ex-girlfriend, the right hand, the baby sitter and the sommelier.

The “ex-girlfriend” is California Senator Kamala Harris.

According to the San Francisco Weekly, Harris and Brown met in 1994 when he was speaker of the state Assembly.  He was 60, she was 29.

Prior to her running for office,  Brown appointed Harris to two patronage positions in state government, the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and the California Medical Assistance Commission. These positions paid handsomely, more than $400,000 over five years.

At one point Brown and Harris were the talk of the town.

Right before Brown was sworn in as Mayor of San Francisco, legendary San Francisco columnist Herb Caen implied that the self described “Ayatollah of the Assembly” and “a girlfriend” would soon get married.  In his book, “Basic Brown,” Brown quoted his wife Blanche as responding to the column by saying, “Listen, she may have him at the moment, but come inauguration day and he’s up there on the platform being sworn in, I’ll be the b***h holding the Bible.”

The couple broke up, but the friendship and political alliance remained.

In 2003, Harris decided to run for district attorney of the city and county of San Francisco.  Brown assisted this campaign by raising money on her behalf and introducing her to deep-pocketed donors.

Brown also supported Harris when she successfully ran for attorney general of California and the U.S. Senate in 2016.

@The Ghost

Yeah! That about covers it.  Except for the part about her being the spawn of a "progressive"  (AKA Communist) professor of  Economics at Stanford.

TRANSLATION: "Her daddy was a Marxist prof."

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2019, 08:32:45 pm »
TRANSLATION: "Her daddy was a Marxist prof."

Making her an even more viable Dem candidate.

@Bigun