Author Topic: BREAKING: President Trump will deliver his #SOTU as planned, despite Pelosi’s attempt to stop him  (Read 3006 times)

Offline verga

I expect them to rise up en mass and walk out of the chamber when Trump reaches the dais.
I hope they do.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The SOTU is not a political rally (or shouldn't be) it is a Constitutionally required report to Congress. We should move completely out of this political theatric and just have a formal report delivered (imho, on paper like a business annual report).

I really HATE to have to tell you this, but what is supposed to be started being thrown out the window in 1860 and had the window slammed behind it in 2012 when Obama was re-elected to his second term!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I expect them to rise up en mass and walk out of the chamber when Trump reaches the dais.

And then we'll have that video too, the next time they get to whining about "Bipartisanship" needed from Pubbies to get their Tyranny through.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline the_doc

No, they aren't obligated. They'll carry it, however, because they're interested to see if he declares the state of emergency on the border or does something outrageous. Welcome to the Howard Stern presidency.

They are sociopolitically obligated--not legally/Constitutionally obligated.  And they are not so much curious as scared, I'll bet.  I think that they realize that Trump will handle the bully pulpit pretty well--which, again, is why Pelosi didn't want the speech aired at all.  If Pelosi didn't want it to be public, I danged sure do.

Side note to @ABX:  This is not the time to fall back to Jefferson's written reporting of the SOTU.  The American people and the media need to be confronted with the truth.  (Jefferson was reputedly a very shy, very poor public speaker, by the way.) 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Congress really has become like a kindergarten. 'You are a big poopy head!' and don't like you anymore!

It really is like a children's playground. NO! NO! no, I don't want to play anymore. Except if there is ice cream.
If you give me ice cream or bubble gum I will stay.

No respect for the office. No respect for the United States of America. They will find out that it is a two way street.
The next time Mustaffa Hussein Obama tries to make a speech, watch half the audience walk out on him.

Good for the goose, good for everyone.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I really HATE to have to tell you this, but what is supposed to be started being thrown out the window in 1860 and had the window slammed behind it in 2012 when Obama was re-elected to his second term!

SOTU theatrics really started with LBJ. Before, it was just a simple report. We could blame the perpetual campaign mode on Obama (the Limbaugh Theorem) but I think Andrew Jackson really is to blame for that. He made politics theater.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Congress The government and society as a whole really has become like a kindergarten. 'You are a big poopy head!' and don't like you anymore!

Fixed that for you... We have become Idiocracy.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
SOTU theatrics really started with LBJ. Before, it was just a simple report. We could blame the perpetual campaign mode on Obama (the Limbaugh Theorem) but I think Andrew Jackson really is to blame for that. He made AMERICAN politics theater.

Fixed that for you.

Shakespeare made politics theater.

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2017/06/20/shakespeares-politics/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Ghost wisped by with:
"I expect them to rise up en mass and walk out of the chamber when Trump reaches the dais."

That would make for GREAT optics.
Do you think if we paid them, we could get them to do that?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The Ghost wisped by with:
"I expect them to rise up en mass and walk out of the chamber when Trump reaches the dais."

That would make for GREAT optics.
Do you think if we paid them, we could get them to do that?
Politicians will do anything for money.
Principles matter. Words matter.