Author Topic: Plague: What to Know in 2019  (Read 505 times)

rangerrebew

Plague: What to Know in 2019
« on: January 20, 2019, 03:36:58 pm »
Plague: What to Know in 2019
By Kathleen Doheny
plague

Jan. 18, 2019 -- Wyoming's Department of Health has confirmed another case of plague in a cat, the third in the past 6 months in the state.

No human cases of plague, spread by fleas, have been reported during that time, but public health officials are advising people to practice flea control for their household pets and to take animals who appear sick to the vet immediately.

"Most of the cats had a history of going outside," says Karl Musgrave, DVM, state public health veterinarian.

They probably were exposed to fleas when outside hunting rodents, he says. With awareness of the symptoms, and prompt treatment, the disease is treatable in pets and humans, he says.

"The cats all lived," Musgrave says.

https://pets.webmd.com/cats/news/20190118/plague-what-to-know-in-2019

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Plague: What to Know in 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 03:44:31 pm »
As much as Darwinian evolution is accurate, the natural selection of humankind in previous plagues means most of us are already resistant or immune to the plague.

The one thing that sorely disappoints me about modern society is that immunity to disease is not even a factor to most people when it comes to choosing partners.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 12:58:32 am »
As much as Darwinian evolution is accurate, the natural selection of humankind in previous plagues means most of us are already resistant or immune to the plague.

The one thing that sorely disappoints me about modern society is that immunity to disease is not even a factor to most people when it comes to choosing partners.

?

So, what you got up your sleeve for when Uncle Sugar releases some of that yummy weaponized Ebola we just had to go collect last year?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 01:27:08 am »
Relax, Citizen! Captain Tripps is good for you!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis