Author Topic: Impeachment Will Be Good for Trump  (Read 874 times)

rangerrebew

Impeachment Will Be Good for Trump
« on: January 19, 2019, 01:25:37 pm »
January 19, 2019
Impeachment Will Be Good for Trump
By William L. Gensert

Since Trump's election, the dream uniting all Democrats is to impeach the president.  Having won the House and with a mere majority necessary to initiate Articles of Impeachment, that dream will finally come true – never mind that chances of conviction in the Senate are near nil, with 67 votes required to sustain and Republicans still in the majority.  They will impeach because, as with the scorpion, it's their nature.

It doesn't matter that after more than two years of investigation, President Trump has not been found to have committed any crime.  Impeachment is not a criminal proceeding; it is a political proceeding, and in the "People's House," the majority decides what constitutes "High Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/impeachment_will_be_good_for_trump.html#ixzz5d3kzR7dT

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Impeachment Will Be Good for Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:06:31 pm »
So, apparently if Trump is impeached it will cause all of the democrat malfeasance to be revealed to the public. 

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 04:02:05 pm »
It will be interesting to see how they play their hand. They would obviously try to time it to maximize political advantage, but I believe Roberts would have enough discretionary power to thwart that effort by hastening or delaying the process. Impeachment is easy for the House, but it's hard to see how saddling their Senate minority leader with inevitable defeat in a hopeless trial is in their party's long term best interest...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 12:14:18 am »
If the House votes for articles of impeachment, Mitch McConnell ought to go before the convened Senate, then hold up the paperwork, and then... TEAR IT UP into little pieces and toss it into the nearest wastebasket.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 02:17:28 am »
If the House votes for articles of impeachment, Mitch McConnell ought to go before the convened Senate, then hold up the paperwork, and then... TEAR IT UP into little pieces and toss it into the nearest wastebasket.

I think the Senate has to go through the motions of a trial. I'm not sure who gets to decide what witnesses are called, or how much control Roberts would have over the proceedings...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 02:26:10 am »
There's less justification for Impeachment from the Rats than there is for the Pubbies to open up a can of Abe Lincoln on them and toss at least Half of them behind bars for subversion, incitement to riot, insurrection and treason.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 02:51:06 am »
I think I read/heard Pelosi is waiting for the Mueller report.  If there is something there that "could be" cause for impeachment, it would happen then.  I don't think the Dems are stupid enough to start it now.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 03:12:33 am »
   Is their any doubt that had 9/11 not happened the dems would've Impeached GWB?  If only being Orange was as much protection against Impeachment as being Black but, alas I think all Presidents will be Impeached in the future, as to whether they'll be convicted in the Senate is a whole nutter piece of the pie.  Welcome to the 21st Century.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 03:33:25 am »
   Is their any doubt that had 9/11 not happened the dems would've Impeached GWB?  If only being Orange was as much protection against Impeachment as being Black but, alas I think all Presidents will be Impeached in the future, as to whether they'll be convicted in the Senate is a whole nutter piece of the pie.  Welcome to the 21st Century.

I got to the gym yesterday, only to witness a near fist fight; between a guy that heard the Buzzfeed  and shot his mouth off about it,, and a guy who told him it was BS.
story

Minugtes later I got on my cycle, in front of the big screen with Fox playing Mueller's dismissal of the story.

It was too late to chase the first guy into the parking lot, but gym trainers and one manager were already on the case.

I have never before seen an incident, but apparently #nevertrumps are starting to go off the rails, or off their meds.

Oh by the way, the instigator shouted that he had a minor in psychology. I asked him if he also had a minor in journalism?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 03:45:38 am »
I got to the gym yesterday, only to witness a near fist fight; between a guy that heard the Buzzfeed  and shot his mouth off about it,, and a guy who told him it was BS.
story

Minugtes later I got on my cycle, in front of the big screen with Fox playing Mueller's dismissal of the story.

It was too late to chase the first guy into the parking lot, but gym trainers and one manager were already on the case.

I have never before seen an incident, but apparently #nevertrumps are starting to go off the rails, or off their meds.

Oh by the way, the instigator shouted that he had a minor in psychology. I asked him if he also had a minor in journalism?

None of your story surprises me, @truth_seeker Today in Specs, restocking my Liquor Cabinet, a red hat girl (MAGA) was arrested for stealing and being disorderly.
   Personally, this #NT'er just figured she was frustrated because her tax cut and her Wall didn't go exactly as planned.

*She did have the hat on backwards.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:46:30 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.