Author Topic: Jason Chaffetz: The Senate should vote to open the government, fund the wall and force Dems to vote  (Read 435 times)

rangerrebew

Jason Chaffetz: The Senate should vote to open the government, fund the wall and force Dems to vote 'nay'

By Jason Chaffetz

Published January 17, 2019
Fox News

The Senate should vote to open the government and fund the border wall. In fact, senators should vote on it every single day.

The Senate can amend anything the House sends over and then call for a vote. If it were up to me, I would encourage Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to amend the spending bill that was sent over by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to include border wall funding, and then vote on it every single day.

Without Democratic votes, the measure will fail to get the required 60 votes to proceed – and it will fail over and over again. Keep voting. Lawmakers will be forced to go on the record – day after day – demonstrating conclusively who really supports border security and who is just giving lip service to the idea.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jason-chaffetz-the-senate-should-vote-to-open-the-government-fund-the-wall-and-force-dems-to-vote-nay

Offline RetBobbyMI

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I have a better solution:

Mitch McConnell should nuke the filibuster into oblivion, and THEN vote.

How's that?