Author Topic: A spectacularly failed strategy from Justice Ginsburg  (Read 549 times)

rangerrebew

A spectacularly failed strategy from Justice Ginsburg
« on: January 18, 2019, 06:26:35 pm »
anuary 18, 2019
A spectacularly failed strategy from Justice Ginsburg
By Anna L. Stark

Everyone thought Hillary Clinton would easily win the White House in 2016, apparently including even Supreme Court associate justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  At age 85, she is one of the oldest serving justices behind Oliver Wendell Holmes, who retired just before his 91st birthday, and more recently John Paul Stevens; who retired in 2010 at age 90.  Justice Ginsburg stated she wanted to serve five more years and rebuked calls for her to retire during the Obama administration, claiming that her replacement, someone who shares her opinions on women's issues, was not guaranteed by allowing Obama to nominate her successor.  Perhaps Justice Ginsburg believed that Ms. Clinton would be better suited to nominate a clone of herself.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/a_spectacularly_failed_strategy_from_justice_ginsburg.html#ixzz5cz8I5mkM

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: A spectacularly failed strategy from Justice Ginsburg
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 08:35:15 pm »
There's no "failed strategy" involved in this chain of events. The only time RBG could have retired on her terms was before the 2014 midterms, after Reid nuked the filibuster. Not knowing what was to come either politically or health-wise, there was no great reason for her to consider retiring then. By 2015 there was no way a RBG clone gets confirmed. Waiting for Clinton's anticipated election wasn't a strategy, it was just the only remaining hope.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: A spectacularly failed strategy from Justice Ginsburg
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 09:36:49 pm »
There's no "failed strategy" involved in this chain of events. The only time RBG could have retired on her terms was before the 2014 midterms, after Reid nuked the filibuster. Not knowing what was to come either politically or health-wise, there was no great reason for her to consider retiring then. By 2015 there was no way a RBG clone gets confirmed. Waiting for Clinton's anticipated election wasn't a strategy, it was just the only remaining hope.

Which was dashed by us voters.  Hahahaha!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: