Author Topic: Gabbard Apologizes for Past Anti-LGBT Rhetoric, Calling It ‘Wrong,’ ‘Hurtful’  (Read 401 times)

rangerrebew

Gabbard Apologizes for Past Anti-LGBT Rhetoric, Calling It ‘Wrong,’ ‘Hurtful’
Posted By Cameron Cawthorne On January 17, 2019 @ 7:06 pm In Issues | No Comments

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D., Hawaii) on Thursday apologized for past statements that were "hurtful" to the LGBT community, saying that she had previous beliefs that were "wrong."

Gabbard, who announced last week that she is running for president in 2020, sent out a series of tweets and a video on Twitter expressing her remorse for the rhetoric, adding that her views have "changed significantly since then," Politico reported.

"Aloha, in my past I said and believed things that were wrong, and worse, they were very hurtful to people in the LGBTQ community and to their loved ones," Gabbard said in the video. "My views have changed significantly since then, and my record in Congress over the last six years reflects what is in my heart: a strong and ongoing commitment to fighting for LGBTQ rights."

https://freebeacon.com/issues/gabbard-apologizes-past-anti-lgbt-rhetoric/

rangerrebew

Surely democrats and the MSM are going to savage and shun her from now on. :bs:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Surely democrats and the MSM are going to savage and shun her from now on. :bs:
Oh, they already have. She's already persona non grata in the party for supporting Bernie in 2016 over Hillary.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Absalom

In the past decade, Gabbard was a center-right Democrat.
That she has embraced this leftist value is ominous and perhaps more critically, says
volumes about the R's who stand around w/their heads embedded in their rectums,
wondering what day it is.
The D's effectively have no opposition, being aided and abetted by the msm.
And many wonder why more than a few citizens are planning to leave the USA.