Author Topic: John Kelly said getting fired ‘would be the best day I’ve had’: report  (Read 316 times)

Offline corbe

John Kelly said getting fired ‘would be the best day I’ve had’: report

By Justin Wise - 01/21/19 06:23 PM EST

Former White House chief of staff John Kelly reportedly once said that getting fired would be the "best day I’ve had since I walked into this place.”

“This is the worst [expletive] job I’ve ever had," Kelly said to former West Wing communications aide Cliff Sims, as reported by The Washington Post. "People apparently think that I care when they write that I might be fired. If that ever happened, it would be the best day I’ve had since I walked into this place.”

The reported comment appears in a new book, "Team of Vipers," from Sims that dives into his time working in the Trump administration. The Post received an advance copy of the text and notes that the memoir is distinct from other popular books about the Trump White House in that it comes from a figure who supports Trump's agenda but also takes issue with things such as his morality.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/426328-john-kelly-said-getting-fired-would-be-the-best-day-ive-had-report
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.