Author Topic: Pentagon unveils large-scale plan to track, shoot down missiles in space  (Read 421 times)

rangerrebew

Pentagon unveils large-scale plan to track, shoot down missiles in space

pencil Author: Paul Sonne, The Washington Post
    clock Updated: 17 hours ago calendar Published 1 day ago

WASHINGTON - The Trump administration is seeking to expand the scope and sophistication of American missile defenses on a scale not seen since President Ronald Reagan’s “Star Wars” initiative in a new strategy that President Donald Trump rolled out personally on Thursday alongside military leaders at the Pentagon.

Known as the missile defense review, the document that Trump unveiled Thursday marks the first official update to American missile defense doctrine in nine years. It comes as North Korea and Iran make advances in ballistic missile production, and as Russia and China press forward with sophisticated cruise missiles, short-range ballistic missiles and hypersonic glide vehicles that potentially threaten the security of U.S. forces and allies in Europe and Asia.

Trump pledged “a new era in our missile defense program” as he formally unveiled the document.

https://military.einnews.com/article/473896154?lcf=0WPtQ3EL-axKAb4VGEyx5pIOjRYPqaRvh8Coe4Negho%3D

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Pentagon unveils large-scale plan to track, shoot down missiles in space
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 02:01:16 pm »
Interesting piece of video.

Sorry...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley