Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Pelosi terrified of Trump speaking directly to Americans during State of the Union  (Read 630 times)

Online libertybele

Ted Cruz: Pelosi terrified of Trump speaking directly to Americans during State of the Union

Sen. Ted Cruz said the reason House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to delay the State of the Union is simple: She fears President Trump speaking directly to the American people during the government shutdown.

The Texas Republican told BlazeTV’s “Capitol Hill Brief” this week that public statements by Democrats on the State of the Union are rhetorical smoke and mirrors.

The California Democrat claimed security concerns prompted her to request a delay in his Jan. 29 speech to the nation. She later shifted her position to a matter of principle, given that Secret Service agents would be required to work the event and then receive back pay at a later date.

“Nancy Pelosi is terrified, number one, of her extreme left-wing base,” Mr. Cruz said Wednesday. “She is captive of them. And number two: The position of congressional Democrats in this shutdown is objectively unreasonable. In 2013, Chuck Schumer and every Senate Democrat voted in favor of 350 miles of border wall. They have right now shut down the government down to stop 234 miles of border wall. I don’t know how you explain why you voted for 350 miles, but you shut the government down to stop 234 miles. That is incoherent.”

Mr. Cruz added that the real reason Democrats want to delay Mr. Trump’s address is because it would allow shutdown analysis to be totally filtered through the mainstream media..........

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/17/ted-cruz-pelosi-terrified-of-trump-speaking-direct/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When he is right. He is right.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Exactly what I said the other day.  She is terrified that Americans will hear the real statistics on illegal immigration.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It is the same terror that grips the Dems and its media lackeys when Trump tweets. He bypasses the filters.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

It is the same terror that grips the Dems and its media lackeys when Trump tweets. He bypasses the filters.

What terrifies the DEMS is the TRUTH coming out.