Author Topic: GOP Rep. Tom Marino resigns from Congress  (Read 537 times)

Offline corbe

GOP Rep. Tom Marino resigns from Congress
« on: January 17, 2019, 10:36:40 pm »
GOP Rep. Tom Marino resigns from Congress

By Michael Burke - 01/17/19 12:35 PM EST

Rep. Tom Marino (R-Pa.) announced Thursday that he is resigning from Congress to take a job in the private sector.

"Having spent over two decades serving the public, I have chosen to take a position in the private sector where I can use both my legal and business experience to create jobs around the nation," Marino, 66, said in a statement.

"I want to thank the people of the 12th Congressional District of Pennsylvania for the faith they have placed in me to represent them in Congress. It truly has been one of the greatest honors of my life," Marino added.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/425853-gop-rep-tom-marino-resigns-from-congress
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: GOP Rep. Tom Marino resigns from Congress
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 10:37:21 pm »
   Why did this moron run in 2018 to just quite 2 weeks later?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 10:43:39 pm »
Heavily GOP district.  He won with 66% last election.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 10:53:57 pm »
FTA:

"Mr. Marino, a Republican, withdrew as President Trump’s nominee for drug czar on Tuesday after news reports that the pharmaceutical industry contributed close to $100,000 to his campaign while he shepherded a law making opioids more easily available in the midst of a national crisis.

Any bets that he Lobbies for the Pharmaceutical Companies?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 10:55:45 pm »
FTA:

Any bets that he Lobbies for the Pharmaceutical Companies?

Good riddance!