Author Topic: Did Trump just nominate a gun-grabber for Attorney General?  (Read 2675 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Did Trump just nominate a gun-grabber for Attorney General?
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 01:50:17 am »

@libertybele

This mental illness horses##t is the straw to break the camel's back.

Everyone line up and Turn In Your Guns, You Sickos!

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/mental-illness.shtml

You don't have to even read it. Just scroll down the page and check the graphs for percentages of the population.

And will Someone tell me Where in the Hell our Govt is authorized to operate a Federal Bureau of Thought and Mood Crime? (NIMH)

Yep, and if you look at how the government defines it, almost everyone is mentally ill. They even are quick to classify every single vet that comes back from duty as having PTSD so they can open up treatment paperwork and keep the funds rolling in. If it were up to them, no vets would be allowed to own a firearm.

The problem with the mental illness argument is it is 'precrime' conviction. You haven't actually done anything, some bureaucrat somewhere just believes you could potentially commit a crime and boom, you are stripped of rights. How far will this go?

There is a reason the Constitution clearly states that no one should be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law. And a bureaucrat guessing you may do something in the future is not due process.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 01:59:28 am »
I don't like, but thanx.  Trump was proposing very limited restrictions and probably as a knee-jerk reaction to a horrible event.

But, anything to put Trump in a bad light if you are a resolute Never Trumper.  Rant on, @ABX   You've become a minority voice even on this forum which was once top heavy with NTers.

Again with the NTers.  I am proud that I can think independently.  I don't need and Emjay to tell me when my meter is reading NT.  But listen to yourself.  If Trump makes knee-jerk decision as a reaction to an event, horrible or otherwise that isn't sound thinking.  A sound thinker (one that doesn't blow with the wind) would assess the situation carefully and weigh out what is the right decision.  Especially Commander In Chief.  What you just said is Trump makes decisions lightly based on emotion.  Can't do it.  But really you could be right.  I think you are, but you were just trying to make an excuse for him.  Shame on you.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 02:02:56 am »

He keeps pulling from old Bush appointments.  Bush was liberal.  Jeff Sessions was a great AG.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 09:41:28 am »

@libertybele

This mental illness horses##t is the straw to break the camel's back.

Everyone line up and Turn In Your Guns, You Sickos!

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/mental-illness.shtml

You don't have to even read it. Just scroll down the page and check the graphs for percentages of the population.

And will Someone tell me Where in the Hell our Govt is authorized to operate a Federal Bureau of Thought and Mood Crime? (NIMH)
To the bicoastal pajama boy metrosexual types wanting to own a gun is sure sign of mental illness.

(Me, I think you'd have to be nuts to live in a major metro area. That would eliminate half the population...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 09:53:36 am »
ABX 10 Emjay 0 (for those not keeping score)...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 09:54:34 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 10:07:01 am »
Again with the NTers.  I am proud that I can think independently.  I don't need and Emjay to tell me when my meter is reading NT.  But listen to yourself.  If Trump makes knee-jerk decision as a reaction to an event, horrible or otherwise that isn't sound thinking.  A sound thinker (one that doesn't blow with the wind) would assess the situation carefully and weigh out what is the right decision.  Especially Commander In Chief.  What you just said is Trump makes decisions lightly based on emotion.  Can't do it.  But really you could be right.  I think you are, but you were just trying to make an excuse for him.  Shame on you.
Rewriting the definition of a fully automatic weapon to include a semiautomatic weapon is a RKBA slippery slope if ever there was one, especially considering the President's past support for the AWB.
The description of the weapon's functioning with a bump stock is fallacious in that the trigger is still pulled once for every round fired.
And considering the ban is over one event, one which still leaves numerous doubts and questions as to just what went on, and is administrative in nature, not even voted on, there is a lot to be concerned about. Flyover country won't register nor surrender the millions of semi auto firearms out there. That dog won't hunt, and pursuit of that will cost the White House in 2020.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 06:24:06 pm »
   I find this statement rather offensive @Emjay as one of the few resident NT'ers left here I have never found this place to be 'top heavy' with the likes of my kind. Sure there has always been extremes on both ends of the spectrum but I find TBR to be rather balanced with the fence sitters being the glue that hold it all together. /JS

:thumbsup: Sometimes the irony is just too much. An extremist griping about someone else they percieve as an extremist :silly: