Author Topic: More Americans Now Say Congress Should Do What Trump Wants, Poll Finds  (Read 1226 times)

rangerrebew

More Americans Now Say Congress Should Do What Trump Wants, Poll Finds
By Ivan Pentchoukov
January 10, 2019 Updated: January 10, 2019

More American voters want Congress to follow President Donald Trump’s lead this year compared to last year, according to a survey released on Jan. 9 by Ramussen, one of the most accurate pollsters in predicting the outcome of the 2016 election.

In a survey gauging the views of likely U.S. voters about the year ahead, 41 percent said that Congress should do more of what Trump wants. That is a 12 percent increase compared to the same time last year, according to Rasmussen.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/more-people-now-want-congress-to-do-what-trump-wants_2762439.html

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: More Americans Now Say Congress Should Do What Trump Wants, Poll Finds
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 05:18:19 pm »
I think a majority of Americans see the threat to our country if we don't stop this illegal invasion.

However, NPR this morning told me that only 25% of people think this issue is worth the shut down.

Who to believe?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 05:24:40 pm »
Rush said the 'tell' was that there was not a single push-poll, not a single focus group, not a single discussion on any of the mainstream media after President Trump's White House speech to the nation.

His opinion is it's because they didn't like the feedback coming in.

The country is behind the President.  It's another reason why they're trying to shift the focus back to Russia   LOL!

This is the Hill upon which to Die...for the President and the Republican Party.

The minefield for the GOP?  To find a way to appeal to as many of the 30+ Million new voters granted amnesty/citizenship...or to write the rules in bedrock like King Arthur's sword.  No citizenship for x number of years.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 05:24:59 pm »
I think a more serious question is one of whether this is "what Trump wants", or what those jackwagons in Congress were elected on the promise of doing.

Dealing with Congress, we have had decades of promises in one hand, and the other hand has been cleaned numerous times, in hopes the newly elected would finally get the job done and do something meaningful about a problem that has been acknowledged for 65 years.

Consider we have come farther along the road to exploring the planets (in person) than we have toward securing the border.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:26:51 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 05:54:51 pm »
What DC said.   They tried the push polls and they couldn't get the results they wanted so they scraped them rather than embarrass themselves and the Rat party they are in collusion with.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 08:36:09 pm »
What DC said.   They tried the push polls and they couldn't get the results they wanted so they scraped them rather than embarrass themselves and the Rat party they are in collusion with.

Mainstream media has become a threat to the country.  Thank goodness we have other sources for news now.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 09:49:16 pm »

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/01/12/rush-limbaugh-notices-something-glaringly-missing-from-border-wall-discussion-713024?fbclid=IwAR0x00Eysa2ymimxu6lOUASpREGVzBINllVX-7IzmMjbWNECYPMYa7OUPQk

Rush Limbaugh notices something glaringly missing from border wall discussion

During his radio program this week, conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh noticed something unusual about the ongoing border wall/shutdown fight debate: a lack of polls.

He specifically noted that no meaningful polls were published after President Donald Trump delivered an Oval Office address Tuesday in which he explained the ongoing battles to the public and implored Democrat to end them by agreeing to secure the southern U.S. border.

“There has been no polling data that we could find anywhere following Trump’s speech,” Limbaugh said Friday. “There weren’t any Frank Luntz focus groups with any undecideds out there.”

“They didn’t gather any Trump voters in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, and ask them if they’re still behind Trump. The media didn’t do any of the stuff they usually do. We have no idea what the valued and very wise independents thought of Trump’s speech.”

++++++++++++++++++++++

Just seen on FB
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:49:56 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 01:44:00 pm »
There are several polls out since Trump's address.  None of you think to fact check Rush or russian authors like Ivan Pentchoukov.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/424974-poll-majority-of-republicans-say-shutdown-is-embarrassing-for-the-country
Trump gave his first prime-time Oval Office address Tuesday night on the issue, though only 10 percent of survey respondents said it brought the country closer to ending the shutdown.

Nearly 40 percent said they did not watch the address. Only 38 percent call the situation at the border a “crisis,” as Trump did repeatedly during his speech.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/us-politics/sd-me-trump-poll-react-20190109-story.html
A majority of those surveyed said the president’s remarks would “divide Americans by using scare tactics and exaggerations.” Only one in five agreed that the speech would “unify Americans and cause them to rally around a shared goal.”

“That’s one of the things that jumps out at me,” said Ken Alper, news director of SurveyUSA, the firm that conducted the poll Wednesday for The San Diego Union-Tribune, 10News and KABC-TV Los Angeles.

“Almost two-thirds of the people who watched the speech thought it would further divide Americans. To the extent the president had a goal with this, I’m not sure he succeeded.”

The address was Tuesday night.  Most pollsters don't like weekend polls.  There will be plenty more by midweek.  It is so cute how all y'all are so cozy wrapped in your cocoon of questionable newsources and talk radio.  don't forget to subscribe to the newsletter to keep getting the news that reaffirms your ignorance. 

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 03:14:00 pm »
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/political_updates/prez_track_jan16

Trump’s job approval rating has fallen to its lowest level in a year following his Oval Office address last week calling for increased border security including a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border to help stop illegal immigration.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 03:21:09 pm »
I think a more serious question is one of whether this is "what Trump wants", or what those jackwagons in Congress were elected on the promise of doing.

Yes. Couching it as 'what Trump wants' only triggers the loonies. Obviously it's what Americans want.

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 03:27:43 pm »

Another record.  Winners always win.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 03:28:48 pm »
The Gillette Razor crowd gives their two cents.

I don't recommend Gillette for people with sensitive skin @Amb. Frank Cannon

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 03:41:30 pm »
All he is doing is trying to uphold the laws of our country.  For all the rest who oppose it they are involved in law breaking.  Assisting in the breaking of our border laws.  They were sworn in to uphold the laws. 

Trump is 100% in the right.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 05:21:31 pm »
The Gillette Razor crowd gives their two cents.

Who was Gillette targeting?  People who shave their faces or those who shave their legs?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 05:48:30 pm »
I think a majority of Americans see the threat to our country if we don't stop this illegal invasion.

However, NPR this morning told me that only 25% of people think this issue is worth the shut down.

Who to believe?

Media wants to find fault with Trump, every chance it gets. Like democrats and #nevertrumpers.

I believe the public DOES wants increases border security, and does NOT want a long shutdown.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 06:45:20 pm »
Who was Gillette targeting?  People who shave their faces or those who shave their legs?

Manscapers I believe.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.