Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in 2 states want to spend state funds on Trump's border wall  (Read 427 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Excellent!!!  I'm hoping other states will follow.

GOP lawmakers in 2 states want to spend state funds on Trump's border wall

A Republican Montana state senator and Republican delegates from West Virginia plan to introduce measures to allocate state funds to help build President Donald Trump's proposed wall along the southern US border.

Republican Montana state Sen. Scott Sales confirmed to CNN on Tuesday that he will propose a bill that would allocate $8 million in state funds to help build Trump's border wall.........

"Border security should be something that's on the forefront of all legislatures whether they're state or federal," Sales told CNN in an interview. "Even a state like Montana, with a small population and being a long ways from the southern border, we'd be remiss to think there aren't impacts to the state by illegal immigration."

Sales said the $8 million is a "very small contribution in the effort to provide border security" and that his proposal is "in a way a symbolic measure to highlight this issue that I think should be of concern to every single citizen.".........

............Three Republican West Virginia delegates announced on Tuesday that they plan to introduce a bill that would divert $10 million from their state's surplus to help build Trump's wall.....

ttps://www.abc-7.com/story/39796271/gop-lawmakers-in-2-states-want-to-spend-state-funds-on-trumps-border-wall
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.