Author Topic: Barr: I Doubt Mueller Would Engage in 'Witch Hunt'  (Read 380 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barr: I Doubt Mueller Would Engage in 'Witch Hunt'
« on: January 15, 2019, 04:21:50 pm »

Tuesday, 15 January 2019 10:46 AM

President Donald Trump's nominee for attorney general says he doesn't believe special counsel Robert Mueller "would be involved in a witch hunt."

Barr made the comment Tuesday at his confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Trump has repeatedly decried the special counsel's investigation as a "witch hunt" and has suggested he is being targeted by the Justice Department.

Mueller is investigating potential ties between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/senate-attorney-general-william-barr/2019/01/15/id/898271/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Barr: I Doubt Mueller Would Engage in 'Witch Hunt'
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:24:10 pm »
Barr is an interesting individual; from what I see, he'd be a good AG.

I haven't seen many comments on him but he has my support.  Thinking about the hubbub with Sessions, this is a very important choice.

Offline aligncare

Re: Barr: I Doubt Mueller Would Engage in 'Witch Hunt'
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 06:42:37 pm »
I am taking a wait and see attitude. Remember, the nominee must try to successfully get himself through confirmation, which can be a mine field. Before beginning testimony the nominees go through what amounts to confirmation classes. I suspect they’re coached to expect abuse and accusations, what posture they should take, how to respond so that the imperious prince and princesses will not object to their visage.