Author Topic: Federal courts have funding to last another week despite shutdown  (Read 573 times)

Online corbe

Federal courts have funding to last another week despite shutdown

BY LYDIA WHEELER - 01/15/19 06:00 PM EST

The federal courts are expected to remain fully operational for another week despite the partial government shutdown.

The Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, an agency within the judicial branch that supports federal courts, estimated Tuesday that it has enough money to sustain paid operations through Jan. 25 – two weeks longer than originally expected after the partial shutdown began.

The agency first estimated they would be forced to cut back on staff starting Jan. 11, but then extended that deadline to Jan. 18. The money has been coming from court fee balances and other funds not dependent on a new appropriation bill.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/425520-federal-courts-have-funding-to-last-another-week-despite-shutdown

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Federal courts have funding to last another week despite shutdown
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 11:21:39 pm »
This is good news.  They won't be able to rule against Trump's policies.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:30:34 pm »
This is good news.  They won't be able to rule against Trump's policies.
Don’t count your chickens too fast. One of Ozero’s pets in NY ruled citizenship can’t be asked in 2020 Census.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 11:32:28 pm »
Don’t count your chickens too fast. One of Ozero’s pets in NY ruled citizenship can’t be asked in 2020 Census.

I know.  Saw that.  But there are other challenges out there.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.