Author Topic: Federal judge blocks Trump administration from adding citizenship question to 2020 Census  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Appeal this "upward" -- quickly!

Just tell this idiot judge that his opinion is noted and proceed as planned.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MOD8

I remember our 1st conversation like it was yesterday.   Do you?

Unless it has something to do with the topic take it to PMs.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Unless it has something to do with the topic take it to PMs.

Said the over Moderation Mod.     
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:36:21 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Actually the Constitutional mandate of the census is to count the noses of everyone in the country, not just citizens, to get an accurate count of the number of folks in the country....

The left is pushing the idea that if a citizenship question is included then the numbers of folks responding to the census will be depressed. I don't buy that, the 2020 census will be done almost exclusively by mail and through the internet. The same groups on the left howling about being under-counted will just tell their members to respond by mail or online and claim you are a citizen....would not be at all surprised to see a few percentage point jump in the number of citizens in the Country after the census....

Actually, I would think the administration would be more concerned with getting the folks that are its natural consistency and who have anti-government views to participate in the census.... :shrug:

I know lots of folks who probably won't...
If in lieu of the 16th Amendment we had taxes on the states based on its population census, they would be so quick to play these games with the census.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
   US House representation is based on the Census, imagine how many Reps California and NY would continue to lose if these people weren't included in that determination. 

Bingo
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....