Author Topic: Trump Has the Democrats Cornered  (Read 794 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Has the Democrats Cornered
« on: January 13, 2019, 06:21:42 pm »
January 13, 2019
Trump Has the Democrats Cornered
By Jim Daws

No sooner had the Democrats taken back the majority in the House of Representatives than they proved their harshest critics correct – the party no longer concerns itself with the interests of the American people.  And by refusing to provide a dime for a physical barrier on our border, they did it in the starkest terms possible.

Led by far-left Nancy Pelosi, who held off a challenge to her leadership from the even farther left, the House Democrats promptly put themselves in the position of being seen taking the side of foreigners entering the country illegally over the security and economic prosperity of American citizens.  They reduced themselves to the absurd position that "walls don't work."

I'm not one who necessarily believes that President Trump is a master negotiator or is playing 3D chess.  But whether by design or because of pressure from his restive base, he now has the winning hand to build his wall and go on to re-election in 2020.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/trump_has_the_democrats_cornered.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump Has the Democrats Cornered
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 12:13:41 am »
Cornered?
We'll see.

I sense the democrat-communists are prepared to hold out as long as it takes on this one, because they know this is the issue that will make -- or break -- the Trump presidency.

For this reason, I believe the best workable alternative is to go the "national emergency route" (the new caravan just starting out is a good justification to explain why it's needed), and start "building" the barrier without newly-approved Congressional funding.

Yes, it will result in court challenges or even a move for impeachment.

But if Mr. Trump wants to WIN on this one, that's a fight he'll have to face up to.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 01:02:11 am »
I think...Trump is holding out on the emergency declaration in hopes the Dems come to the table. If he uses the emergency powers acts first, the Dems could put in a provision in the funding bill, that essentially overrides the declaration. Forcing another stalemate.  If congress passed an appropriation to open the government with or without sufficient funds for border security, Trump could exercise the declaration and congress would have to vote on a separate resolution disapproving it.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline the_doc

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 01:34:01 am »
Cornered?
We'll see.

I sense the democrat-communists are prepared to hold out as long as it takes on this one, because they know this is the issue that will make -- or break -- the Trump presidency.

For this reason, I believe the best workable alternative is to go the "national emergency route" (the new caravan just starting out is a good justification to explain why it's needed), and start "building" the barrier without newly-approved Congressional funding.

Yes, it will result in court challenges or even a move for impeachment.

But if Mr. Trump wants to WIN on this one, that's a fight he'll have to face up to.

Trump went into the shutdown knowing that the Dems would never budge.  That insane stubbornness on their part actually makes the shutdown a winner for Trump.  (While the people of the US are getting angrier and angrier, Trump is making sure their anger is mostly against the ideologically insane Dems.  He's doing it low-key at this time, but he will ramp it up--and then use the military to build the wall.  The Dems will lose bigly.)

Meantime, I think Trump will start opening zillions of sealed federal indictments.  Timing is the key to achieving the best political dynamics.  (BTW, the latest Honduran caravan could make the fracas even more spectacular for Trump.)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 01:43:32 am »
You can't corner a circle.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 01:46:51 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion