Author Topic: Trump and the Theater of the Absurd  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump and the Theater of the Absurd
« on: January 13, 2019, 06:35:01 pm »
Trump and the Theater of the Absurd
American Greatness, Jan 12, 2019, Emina Melonic

It is often said that appearances can be deceiving. This is nowhere more true than in politics. Many critics of Donald Trump are intent on criticizing the style of his presidency rather than taking on the substance or the content. We all know the litany: Trump is an oaf, he talks dirty, he fights dirty, he hates women, he tweets too much.

It’s completely obvious why the anti-American Left hates Trump. He and his political decisions represent everything that the Left is against: national sovereignty, a strong economy, and individualism, to name a few. Without a doubt, “Trump Derangement Syndrome” is real and it’s pernicious.

What is curious—and bizarre—is not so much that the Left suffers greatly from this disorder but that many self-styled conservative intellectuals seem to have caught the contagion, too. They aren’t called NeverTrumpers for nothing. According to them, everything Trump does is wrong. Even if they agree with Trump on some issues, inevitably they will find some flaw in his presentation. They hate the fact that such a clear and American thought can come from such a man. In the words of Mollie Hemingway, they are united in their belief that “Orange Man Bad.” That is their mantra.

Focusing either on Trump’s personality or what he tweets is an easy way to dismiss him. This kind of criticism is often presented as a way of questioning his morality as a man versus the morality of his actions as president. Generally, critics of Trump like to invoke the maxim that character matters (Roger Kimball superbly addresses this criticism in an excellent piece here at American Greatness).

Yet the same people who criticize Trump with their moralizing seem to have no trouble themselves engaging in outright hate. As Daniel McCarthy points out, “For all their armchair psychoanalyzing the president, it’s hard not to notice the degree to which many of the president’s haters suffer from the very affections they diagnose in him: pathological self-regard, a lack of empathy, intolerance, incuriosity, and red hot rage.”

More:  https://amgreatness.com/2019/01/12/trump-and-the-theater-of-the-absurd/

Re: Trump and the Theater of the Absurd
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 06:36:13 pm »
“For all their armchair psychoanalyzing the president, it’s hard not to notice the degree to which many of the president’s haters suffer from the very affections they diagnose in him: pathological self-regard, a lack of empathy, intolerance, incuriosity, and red hot rage.” 

Worth repeating.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 06:38:47 pm »
FTA

What matters is that he understands the difference between the appearance of virtue and its reality. Ever since he became the president of the United States, he consistently has been unmasking the false aesthetics of American and world politics. He speaks clearly, plainly, and truthfully. He may not be eloquent in his speech, but the beauty lies in his affirmation of the order of things and the sovereignty of America.

We are very lucky to have this man serve as President of the United States.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 07:21:51 pm »
FTA

We are very lucky to have this man serve as President of the United States.

I do truly believe that the phony conservative wing of #nevertrump prefers a continuation of their dignified loser routine.

GHW Bush, Dole, McCain, Romney and the "15 dwarfs of 2016."

I can not think of any Reppublican that could beat Trump in a primary.

I do think a viable plan for Trump 2020 is for him to go Independent. "Eff em all."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 12:09:01 am »
"neverTrumpers":
CINO...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 03:21:57 am »
"neverTrumpers":
CINO...

Some of them are. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 03:45:51 am »
   I check the AG site daily and saw this in the morning but knew it would be too absurd (considering the source) but now that you've posted it and I actually gave it a read @Right_in_Virginia  I was correct in my first assumption Emina Melonic has her head up Trump's azz, as her name suggests.

Thanks for posting this, though.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 12:18:37 pm »
   I check the AG site daily and saw this in the morning but knew it would be too absurd (considering the source) but now that you've posted it and I actually gave it a read @Right_in_Virginia  I was correct in my first assumption Emina Melonic has her head up Trump's azz, as her name suggests. 

You are correct about nothing @corbe

It's part of your charm.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 04:17:58 am »
"Many critics of Donald Trump are intent on criticizing the style of his presidency rather than taking on the substance or the content."

I don't care that the anchor in my boat is rusted, covered with mud, and 75 tears old.

I care that it does what an anchor is supposed to do.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com