Author Topic: Florida governor to suspend [update - suspended] Sheriff Scott Israel over Parkland massacre respons  (Read 498 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
(CNN) — The Florida sheriff whose office responded to the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland will be suspended by the state's new governor Friday, a source familiar with the process told CNN.

Gov. Ron DeSantis will suspend embattled Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel over the handling of the 2018 mass shooting, in which 17 students and teachers were killed by a former student.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/11/us/florida-scott-israel-parkland-suspension/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:42:08 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Desoto said that was not true.

With cnn's record for fake news.  I'll believe the Gov.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:27:10 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

"Suspend"? Wow, that'll teach him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Desoto said that was not true.

With cnn's record for fake news.  I'll believe the Gov.

Looks like it’s true.....

The Republican governor flew to Fort Lauderdale three days after taking office to remove the Democratic sheriff, appointing a former police sergeant to serve as acting sheriff. Gregory Tony, 40, worked for Coral Springs police for 12 years before leaving in 2016 to start a company specializing in active-shooter training. He is the first African-American to serve as Broward's sheriff.

DeSantis said during a news conference outside the sheriff's office headquarters that Israel failed to keep families and children safe before and during the Feb. 14 shooting that left 14 students and three staff members dead inside the three-story freshman building.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-governor-suspends-sheriff-school-massacre-220139203.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mountaineer

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis removed Broward Sheriff Scott Israel from office Friday, replacing him after 10 months of turmoil spawned by the slaughter of 17 staff and students in Parkland.

The governor replaced Israel with former Coral Springs Police Sgt. Gregory Tony, 40, who has a background in active-shooter training and becomes the first black sheriff in Broward County's history. ...

The Florida Constitution gives the governor power to suspend public officials for "malfeasance, misfeasance, neglect of duty." Governors routinely remove public officials who are arrested or charged with crimes, but it is unusual to remove an officeholder who does not face criminal charges. ... More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org