Author Topic: Russian Patriarch Warns ‘Antichrist’ Will Control Humans Through Gadgets  (Read 575 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Russian Patriarch Warns ‘Antichrist’ Will Control Humans Through Gadgets

Mikhail Dzhaparidze / TASS

The leader of the Russian Orthodox Church has said that humans’ dependence on modern technology will result in the coming of the Antichrist.

In an interview with Russian state media, Patriarch Kirill explained he does not entirely oppose gadgets, but warned against “falling into slavery” to smartphones.

Patriarch Kirill said that the collection of user data including “location, interests and fears” will make it possible for humans to be controlled by external forces.

http://themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-patriarch-warns-antichrist-will-control-humans-through-gadgets-64060
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
He's got a point.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's been tested against our entire Northest North American continent.

And that was before there was such a thing as a Commodore 64.

Today, not being to access your money, not being to draw water from a tap, not having any internet or Wifi?

In less than thirty days, neighbors will be eating each other.

LOL!  I'm thinking of that ridiculous movie plot where Kirk Russell in LA to 'rescue' Stacey Keach's niece.

It's not that far of a stretch if something were to pull the plug on everything electric.

In less than 24 hours, they'd required armed guards around the battery aisle in COSTCO.   wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

In less than thirty days, neighbors will be eating each other.
[...]
It's not that far of a stretch if something were to pull the plug on everything electric.

In less than 24 hours, they'd required armed guards around the battery aisle in COSTCO.   wink777

@DCPatriot
And yet you laugh at me, and my 'dirt road' as being unsophisticated...

When actually, it is the other way around.

Sorry...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 09:33:43 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Victoria33

Bob and I have talked about this.  Children born after smart phones became available, live through their phones.  We heard a young person say, "I don't need to go to the Grand Canyon, I have seen it on my phone."

Another time we were stopped at a stoplight and saw a young driver in the lane beside us as he was looking at his phone and texting.  When the light changed, we moved forward, he didn't, didn't know the light changed.  I looked in rear view mirror, and other cars started driving around him as he was still on the phone.

Perhaps the Antichrist could threaten to take away people's phones and they would follow the Antichrist in order to keep their phones which are an extension of themselves these days.

I like the internet for one reason:  I can study what I want and find the information on the internet.  Going to school until I graduated from a higher degree university, I had to spend my time in libraries and also checking out books, to find the information I needed.  I also had to type on a typewriter without it being electric.  No spell check except my eyes.  Had to use eraser and retype if I missed a word.

Now, I teach a Bible class and love the internet to help me find what I want; type fast on computer, and it vomits if I misspell a word and it corrects the word.

I use my phone to call someone or answer a call.