Author Topic: Rashida Tlaib to be sworn in on Thomas Jefferson’s Quran  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Rashida Tlaib to be sworn in on Thomas Jefferson’s Quran
« on: January 03, 2019, 08:10:45 pm »
Rashida Tlaib to be sworn in on Thomas Jefferson’s Quran
The Hill, Jan 3, 2019

Rep.-elect Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), one of the first two Muslim congresswomen elected in the U.S., will be sworn in to Congress on Thursday using Thomas Jefferson’s copy of the Quran.

Jefferson’s copy of the Quran, which was translated by George Sale into English in 1734, currently resides in the Library of Congress, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Tlaib will join incoming freshman Rep.-elect Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) as Congress's first two elected Muslim congresswomen. Tlaib also will make history as the lower chamber's first Palestinian-American congresswoman.

“It’s important to me because a lot of Americans have this kind of feeling that Islam is somehow foreign to American history,” Tlaib told the Free Press. “Muslims were there at the beginning … Some of our Founding Fathers knew more about Islam than some members of Congress now.”

Tlaib told the paper that she is not using the Quran simply to make a religious point.

“My mere existence, that I’m even of Muslim faith, is going to be a problem for them with or without me swearing in on any Quran,” she said. “I believe in secular government [and] my swearing in on the Quran is about me showing that the American people are made up of diverse backgrounds and we all have love of justice and freedom.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/423668-rashida-tlaib-will-be-sworn-into-congress-on-thomas-jeffersons-copy-of-the

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Rashida Tlaib to be sworn in on Thomas Jefferson’s Quran
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 02:26:40 am »
Jefferson read that q'ran to gain an understanding about the enemy he faced in islam.

Somebody should point this out to her beforehand.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 04:14:16 am »
Jefferson read that q'ran to gain an understanding about the enemy he faced in islam.

You are right there is quite a history.

https://www.investors.com/news/management/leaders-and-success/thomas-jefferson-sent-the-navy-marines-to-defeat-muslim-terrorists/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 04:22:02 am »

Absolutely not. The irony is much better.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 11:16:23 am »
Why should we care?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 11:59:02 am »
Rashida Tlaib’s First Day in Congress: ‘We’re Gonna Impeach the Motherf**ker.’
Kyle Morris
Breitbart

On her first day as a new member of the United States House of Representatives, Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) called on her colleagues to begin taking steps towards impeaching President Trump.

Tlaib was fetted at a raucous reception later in the day by left wing advocacy group MoveOn.org. Her closing remarks there were, “We’re gonna impeach the motherf****r.”
    Raucous reception for @RashidaTlaib at MoveOn reception near the Hill. Her closing remarks: “We’re gonna impeach the mother*****r.”

— Dave Weigel (@daveweigel) January 4, 2019
  ...  Full story

That ain't dancin', Sally.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 01:22:50 pm »

@Fishrrman

Why bother when she wouldn't understand?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 01:25:11 pm »
Why isn't that whore's head covered?...An iman somewhere
Countdown to Resignation

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 01:48:41 pm »
Rashida Tlaib’s First Day in Congress: ‘We’re Gonna Impeach the Motherf**ker.’
Kyle Morris
Breitbart

On her first day as a new member of the United States House of Representatives, Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) called on her colleagues to begin taking steps towards impeaching President Trump.

Tlaib was fetted at a raucous reception later in the day by left wing advocacy group MoveOn.org. Her closing remarks there were, “We’re gonna impeach the motherf****r.”  ...  Full story

That ain't dancin', Sally.

I triple dog dare them to impeach Trump.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 04:32:18 pm »

Exactly. The Founders recognized the threat of the Barbary pirates and never contemplated their landing in the US.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 04:59:07 pm »
Exactly. The Founders recognized the threat of the Barbary pirates and never contemplated their landing in the US.
Landing?  Now they expect to be leading, complete with the imposition of sharia law.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 05:13:26 pm »
Landing?  Now they expect to be leading, complete with the imposition of sharia law.

They sure do. How can they take the oath? How can this be allowed? It is sickening.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 07:09:41 pm »
An oath taken on a book that urges its adherents to lie to anyone who isn't one of them. Sounds about right.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 07:12:41 pm »
An oath taken on a book that urges its adherents to lie to anyone who isn't one of them. Sounds about right.

That's what we're dealing with here.

Every word out of her mouth to "infidels" cannot be trusted. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 07:47:49 pm »
Her oath would be worth no more - or no less - had she just taken it on the Manhattan phone directory.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 08:18:42 pm »

@mountaineer

Yeah,good luck to any of them that try that crap with me. My first move will be to tell them that Allah eats shit and barks at the moon,just to establish the proper atmosphere. After that,no more Mister Nice Guy from me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 08:19:37 pm »
What a filthy, disgusting woman.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 03:28:32 am »
The GOP lost to this individual.

Does not say much good about the GOP.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 03:37:38 am »
The GOP lost to this individual.

Does not say much good about the GOP.
Says even less about the voters.

But to add another layer of irony, I have been told by a devout follower of that 'Prophet' that translations are NOT really the Koran, only the original language counts. The penalty for changing so much as one syllable of that is death.  If she is being sworn in on a translation, it isn't halal...

It's pretty obvious the optic she is looking for is a middle finger extended at America, it just fails if you don't bask in ignorance.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 04:00:11 am »
What a filthy, disgusting woman.

Do all Muslim women talk filthy like that?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 04:05:40 am »
Hey kids. Don't know why this is being discussed any further. It's straight up FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Why, Despite Media Fake News, Rep. Rashida Tlaib Didn't Want to Use Jefferson's Koran

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/272470/why-despite-media-fake-news-rep-rashida-tlaib-daniel-greenfield

Rep. Rashida Tlaib appears to have allowed the media to think that the radical Muslim would be sworn in to office on a copy of "Thomas Jefferson's Koran".

The media had previously found Thomas Jefferson's Koran to be a very useful propaganda stunt for making it appear that Islam is as America as... Thomas Jefferson.

But then Rep. Rashida Tlaib announced that she hadn't actually used Jefferson's Koran, but an actual Koran. Despite her announcement, many media outlets didn't bother correcting their fake news. But that's typical of the media, which acts as the communications arm for the most radical Democrat elements, without ever caring about truth or the facts.

It's not surprising that Rashida Tlaib chose to opt out of Jefferson's Koran. While it's a great publicity stunt, Rashida Tlaib realized that she could gain the benefits of the propaganda, without actually having to soil her religion by using a book that no good Muslim would touch.

There are two problems with Jefferson's Koran.

1. It was owned by an infidel. That's a lesser problem.

2. Its translation is quite blasphemous.

Jefferson wasn't reading the Koran in the original Arabic. His Koran was translated by George Sale in the 18th century. It contains his commentary and notes, some flattering, some rather less so.

Sale's opening lines describe the Koran as a "manifest forgery". He describes Mohammedanism as a "human invention" that was mostly propagated by the sword.

One reason Sale gave for his translation was that, "it is absolutely necessary to undeceive those who, from the ignorant or unfair translations which have appeared, have entertained too favourable an opinion of the original, and also to enable us effectually to expose the imposture.”

His entire introduction is essentially a guide to how to convert Muslims to Christianity. That's not surprising as Sale was a lifetime member of the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge.

Jefferson's Koran is really Sale's Koran. And Sale's Koran is a missionary text.

By the standards of the era, Sale viewed Islam somewhat favorably. He loathed Catholics and Jews, and believed that certain attributes of Islam might draw it closer to his own view of religion, but ultimately in order to convert Muslims to his form of Christianity.

It's easy to see why Tlaib chose not to use it.

Despite the "Jefferson's Koran" stunt, Thomas Jefferson disliked Islam and his Koran is filled with commentary attacking and undermining it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 04:44:12 am »
She mumbled something about Republican Senators supporting Israel, one can read about it here:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rashida-tlaib-accused-of-anti-semitic-slur-days-after-profane-anti-trump-tirade

A "slur"? Maybe I didn't read close enough, it's not like she came out and used any kind of epithet. It's a bit detailed, so Fox is covering it, I'm not sure if I see others covering this.