Author Topic: Trump threatened to keep government shut down for ‘months or even years’ to get border wall funds, D  (Read 6421 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Realistically he won't. One of two things will happen. One side will give in rather quickly, probably within a week. Or, Congress will pass a CR as is, no funding, send it to the president to veto. It will then go back to Congress and they'll vote to over ride his veto. This will probably be over within a week or two tops.

It could happen as you say.  But then ... not.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I hope President Trump tweets tomorrow morning that he wants the entire $25 Billion.    :pop41:

...and promises to hire the same company that fixed the Central Park ice-rink for him, under budget, from years ago.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 04:03:41 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
There really is no safety net for these folks...there's a lot I can do to help the guys who work for me...K9 Handlers take care of our own...but the average Joe working a checkpoint is going to be desperate by mid to late January.

As I've said, the Dems are causing this and as far as I'm concerned, only the Dems can fix this by giving Trump his wall funding. There is no other solution. And thank God for Trump...either of the Bush's (our last 2 GOP Presidents) would have folded like a cheap suit by this point. Virtually all of the other GOP 2016 candidates would have folded as well with perhaps the exception of Cruz...and he could never have won the general election. Trump will fight on like a bull on fire...THAT is why we elected the man, and he understands this. He cannot fold without caving his presidency, so he won't. The Dems can live to fight another day...so they will...eventually.

The Bush's wouldn't have folded they would have just ignored borders.  Probably rolled out the welcome mat which is what he did with President Fox.  They are globalists. 

Trump was ready to cave.  Mulvaney said so in a video.  But I hope he now has that fire knowing that he will be done if the border is not secured.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I hope President Trump tweets tomorrow morning that he wants the entire $25 Billion.    :pop41:

...and promises to hire the same company that fixed the Central Park ice-rink for him, under budget, from years ago.

That is exactly what he should do.  He should ask for the full 25 billion.  It isn't likely he is getting any more.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

But wait!  This can't be true!!

I saw several lengthy threads filled with concern about him caving already....  reducing his requested amount....  offering amnesty as a trade-off...

That's just crap. People who are not insane say "Don't listen to it."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:24:46 am by Once-Ler »

Online DCPatriot

That's just crap people who are not insane say.  Don't listen to it.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Trump isn't the one keeping the government shut down.  Chuck Schumer is.

I just checked with the fake news and they say 'no" Trump shut down the government.  Damn, if only everybody listened to Rush.

I hope he vows Mexico and Pelosi will pay for the wall twice.

I keep reading this story and it sounds like Fake News. I can't find a direct quote from Trump about the shutdown lasting for years. I think the Democrats said he said it. I trust the Democrats about as much as I trust Trump.

If only there was some way to search the internet!!!

Online DCPatriot

I hope he vows Mexico and Pelosi will pay for the wall twice.

All cash remittances to Mexico and Central America are taxes at 25%.

$25B paid back in two years.  Cough...by the Mexicans.     :bolt:

Online DCPatriot

...and anybody found trying to mule cash across the border will be tried by Judge Bean at the border and if guilty, fed into a Fargo, ND wood-chipper.

...unless she looks like Salma Hayek.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:38:45 am by DCPatriot »

My sympathies are with the thousands of Americans suffering & dying from the flow of drugs and illegals into the country

Nobody weeps for the overburdened consumers of the illegal drugs and sex trade.  :(  No Rand Paul fans left in the GOP?

All cash remittances to Mexico and Central America are taxes at 25%.

$25B paid back in two years.  Cough...by the Mexicans.     :bolt:

I'm surprised Trump hasn't declared a victory tweet yet.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
There really is no safety net for these folks...there's a lot I can do to help the guys who work for me...K9 Handlers take care of our own...but the average Joe working a checkpoint is going to be desperate by mid to late January.

As I've said, the Dems are causing this and as far as I'm concerned, only the Dems can fix this by giving Trump his wall funding. There is no other solution. And thank God for Trump...either of the Bush's (our last 2 GOP Presidents) would have folded like a cheap suit by this point. Virtually all of the other GOP 2016 candidates would have folded as well with perhaps the exception of Cruz...and he could never have won the general election. Trump will fight on like a bull on fire...THAT is why we elected the man, and he understands this. He cannot fold without caving his presidency, so he won't. The Dems can live to fight another day...so they will...eventually.

I agree and this will be an interesting fight.  Fortunately for Trump, recent polls have shown overwhelming sentiment by the public for border security and the wall.

So, the democrats will come out as the bad guys on this fight and I hope Trump stands firm.

P.S.  The good guys won in Dallas tonight.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Slide Rule

Perhaps the shutdown, or more properly shutdown of unessential functions will change in 2020.

New elections and a purge of Congress of dims and rinos.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote