Author Topic: Trump, in profanity-laced meeting with lawmakers, said he preferred 'strike' to refer to government  (Read 1947 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, in profanity-laced meeting with lawmakers, said he preferred 'strike' to refer to government shutdown: reports
By Morgan Gstalter - 01/05/19 08:25 AM EST

President Trump reportedly opened a meeting Friday with congressional leaders with an incendiary rant before saying he preferred the word “strike” to refer to the ongoing government shutdown, according to multiple reports.

The Wall Street Journal reported that Trump began Friday's heated closed-door negotiations with Senate Minority leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and newly minted House Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) with a 15-minute, profanity-laced rant. Sources familiar with the meeting also confirmed the account to CNN and The Daily Beast.

The president’s speech centered on his $5.6 billion demand for a border wall, according to CNN. The outlet reported that Trump said he would be unwilling to negotiate for any less.

The Daily Beast reported that Trump also blamed Pelosi, without being prompted, for freshman Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) vowing at a party on Thursday that House Democrats would “impeach the mother f---er.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/423990-trump-in-profanity-laced-meeting-with-lawmakers-said-he-preferred-the
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConstitutionRose

President Johnson couldn't get through a sentence without profanity.  Never made the news like this.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Connect the dots, folks.  This unsourced "report" is all about protecting Tlaib.

They're circling the wagons and attacking the President.

Warren won't condemn Democrat for saying 'impeach the motherf--ker'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/warren-wont-condemn-democrat-for-saying-impeach-the-motherf-ker

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Connect the dots, folks.  This unsourced "report" is all about protecting Tlaib.

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the headline.

I'm not sure I believe this story at all, but, at any rate, Trump's remarks were in a private meeting and the democrat rep made hers in a public statement.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Night Hides Not

Perhaps, but both sides of the political aisle are egging them on...it's all about "being a fighter", instead of acting like adults.

I'm not immune to speaking profane words, but I resolve to eradicate them from my speech. It sets a bad example for my children and grandson, and can harm my image as a father and grandfather. Profanity and volume are no substitute for proper speech that displays one's ability to think critically and logically.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

I'm not sure I believe this story at all, but, at any rate, Trump's remarks were in a private meeting and the democrat rep made hers in a public statement.

Haven't we learned by now that there's no such thing as a "private meeting" in the People's House?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Perhaps, but both sides of the political aisle are egging them on...it's all about "being a fighter", instead of acting like adults.

I'm not immune to speaking profane words, but I resolve to eradicate them from my speech. It sets a bad example for my children and grandson, and can harm my image as a father and grandfather. Profanity and volume are no substitute for proper speech that displays one's ability to think critically and logically.

I don't use that language and I don't like to hear it but to single out Trump for it is not really fair.

Offline Night Hides Not

They're circling the wagons and attacking the President.

Warren won't condemn Democrat for saying 'impeach the motherf--ker'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/warren-wont-condemn-democrat-for-saying-impeach-the-motherf-ker

Then the next step is for someone in Congress to introduce a censure resolution against the offender. It has to start somewhere.

Offline Night Hides Not

I don't use that language and I don't like to hear it but to single out Trump for it is not really fair.

To what depths will you plumb in support of Trump?

Offline skeeter

Would those 'multiple member' sources be those paragons of honesty and virtue Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer? Hilarious.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Yeah, we know. When Sanders eventually comes out and semi-confirms this, by saying the president used strong terms to advocate an issue he cares deeply about, you'll resume your reverence of the 'NY street fighter' tactics.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

Yeah, we know. When Sanders eventually comes out and semi-confirms this, by saying the president used strong terms to advocate an issue he cares deeply about, you'll resume your reverence of the 'NY street fighter' tactics.

I need more coffee...when you said Sanders, I was thinking of Bernie...lol.

Offline skeeter

Its a tired old tactic. The rats constantly try to offset news unflattering to them by projecting it onto the other side via their media lackies using unnamed sources.

I don't believe Trump used profanity, especially after the profanity from Tlaib.  That being said, I really don't care if they come to physical blows --- just as long as it's not in front of the cameras.  A 2x4 to the heads of Pelosi and Schumer may be exactly what the doctor's ordered.   :laugh:

@Emjay

Its a tired old tactic. The rats constantly try to offset news unflattering to them by projecting it onto the other side via their media lackies using unnamed sources.

It is tiresome.  But more tiresome are those who always choose to believe it.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:27:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mountaineer

I don't disagree. Someone on Facebook just tried to equate Trump calling NFL kneelers "SOBs" with what she called him.

In my opinion, vulgarity should be confined to the home or the golf course.  :laugh:  It's unseemly coming from public figures, especially elected officials.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

Hah, right. Because Trump would never use profanity.

Offline edpc

I need more coffee...when you said Sanders, I was thinking of Bernie...lol.

Sometimes the news headlines with 'Sanders' in it confuse me, as well.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
"President Trump reportedly ...." #FakeNews
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

It is tiresome.  But more tiresome are those who always choose to believe it.

No, what's tiresome is how it inevitably proves to be true, then people who originally called it fake news attempt to justify it. See the 'shithole' controversy as an example.

Online libertybele

Behind closed doors is one thing, to publicly call the President of the United States a mother****** is quite another.

Can we please get on with our Congressmen and women doing their jobs instead of playing these childish school yard bully games?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't care if he did.  I'm pretty anti-profanity, but if a situation ever called for it, this is it.

And, can you believe we are arguing over profanity?  Don't we have some real issues to worry about?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
To what depths will you plumb in support of Trump?

NO depths here.  I don't expect everyone to hold the same standards I do, and I don't expect the President to make public remarks using profanity and he never has.

Offline edpc

NO depths here.  I don't expect everyone to hold the same standards I do, and I don't expect the President to make public remarks using profanity and he never has.

<Don't do that.>

Sorry...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:29:40 pm by MOD8 »