Author Topic: Senate throws hundreds of Trump nominees into limbo  (Read 524 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate throws hundreds of Trump nominees into limbo
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:14:57 am »
Senate throws hundreds of Trump nominees into limbo
By Jordain Carney - 01/04/19 05:09 PM EST

The Senate has sent hundreds of nominations back to the White House, throwing their fate into limbo.

Senators sent back more than 270 nominations from the previous session on Thursday, which marked the official start of the 116th Congress. The list of nominations bounced back to the White House was printed in the Congressional Record, which published Friday afternoon.

In addition to the more than 270 nominations, the Senate also returned scores of foreign service nominees who were not listed individually.

The setback will force President Trump to decide if he will renominate each of the individuals and start the Senate confirmation process over again. Trump and administration officials have repeatedly lamented the pace of confirmations on Capitol Hill.

Of 707 key positions that require Senate confirmation, Trump has gotten 434 confirmed, according to a tracker from the Partnership for Public Service and The Washington Post.

Trump in a pair of tweets on Monday knocked Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) saying he was holding up 360 "great and hardworking people," including ambassador picks.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/423965-senate-throws-hundreds-of-trump-nominees-into-limbo
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Senate throws hundreds of Trump nominees into limbo
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 12:16:20 am »
The Hill hard at work stating the obvious since the Rats took the house. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:47:13 am »
Wasn't the expiration of the nominations automatic?  I always assumed it was. :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 12:51:17 am »
Wasn't the expiration of the nominations automatic?  I always assumed it was. :pondering:

Never let a good story get in the way of the facts for the press.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 01:10:51 am »

Yeah. This is another fabricated shit piece from the Rat sewer. This is what happens when a new congress takes over.

Are people going to start using some critical thinking before posting this garbage from the Hill like it is meaningful?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 02:30:18 am »
 :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: