Author Topic: Fed chief Powell says he won't resign if Trump asks  (Read 883 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fed chief Powell says he won't resign if Trump asks
« on: January 04, 2019, 06:27:06 pm »
By Sylvan Lane - 01/04/19 10:58 AM EST

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said Friday he would not resign from the central bank if President Trump asked him to step down.

In a public interview at an economics conference, Powell said “no” when asked if he would leave the Fed if Trump sought to replace him. The chairman also said he hadn’t received any direct communication from the president or White House, but stressed that the Fed would not be influenced by politics.

“People should know the Fed has a very strong culture around nonpolitical activity,” said Powell in a joint interview with his predecessors, Ben Bernanke and Janet Yellen.

“It’s very much in the DNA of anyone who has spent any time at the Fed.”

Trump has blasted Powell and the Fed for gradually raising interest rates throughout his first two years in office. The president has reportedly mulled firing or replacing Powell, though it’s unclear if he has the power to do that.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/423869-fed-chief-powell-says-he-wont-resign-if-trump-asked-him-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Fed chief Powell says he won't resign if Trump asks
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 06:31:48 pm »
By Sylvan Lane - 01/04/19 10:58 AM EST

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said Friday he would not resign from the central bank if President Trump asked him to step down.

In a public interview at an economics conference, Powell said “no” when asked if he would leave the Fed if Trump sought to replace him. The chairman also said he hadn’t received any direct communication from the president or White House, but stressed that the Fed would not be influenced by politics.

“People should know the Fed has a very strong culture around nonpolitical activity,” said Powell in a joint interview with his predecessors, Ben Bernanke and Janet Yellen.

“It’s very much in the DNA of anyone who has spent any time at the Fed.”

Trump has blasted Powell and the Fed for gradually raising interest rates throughout his first two years in office. The president has reportedly mulled firing or replacing Powell, though it’s unclear if he has the power to do that.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/423869-fed-chief-powell-says-he-wont-resign-if-trump-asked-him-to

Stupid of Powell to make this statement because it will make Trump more apt to fire him.  And he will know he's been fired if that happens.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:47:16 pm »
In August Jerome Powell speaks at annual Jackson Hole Symposium for central banks and the market plummets. It’s like he’s been trying to talk the market down. What’s his angle?

The stock market is like those vast herds of wildebeest. They get wind of bear and off they stampede. Powell should learn to keep his mouth shut.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 06:56:17 pm »
Someone remind me, who appointed Powell?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 07:58:12 pm »
Someone remind me, who appointed Powell?

It's amazing how friendly a lot of people were to Trump when seeking positions in his administration.  Once in, a few of them chose to turn traitor.  Trump doesn't 'fire nice.'

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 08:16:25 pm »
All we ask from you Powell is that you not deliberately crash the markets again.....  'kay?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 08:22:57 pm »
Doesn't this buffoon Trump need at least a few other people than himself in the government?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 08:51:44 pm »
It's amazing how friendly a lot of people were to Trump when seeking positions in his administration.  Once in, a few of them chose to turn traitor.  Trump doesn't 'fire nice.'

I love it, the "They fooled him" defense.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 08:53:48 pm »
In August Jerome Powell speaks at annual Jackson Hole Symposium for central banks and the market plummets. It’s like he’s been trying to talk the market down. What’s his angle?

Cash payoff and board seat once Trump fires him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 08:54:18 pm »
So the economy creates almost 400k jobs this month and Trump wants to fire the Fed? Why?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 09:01:46 pm »
So the economy creates almost 400k jobs this month and Trump wants to fire the Fed? Why?

Screw the Fed. It's very Existence should be Voted on as a Constitutional Amendment.

How long has it been since this stinking Boiler Room of Global Bankster Swindlers have even been Audited?

Congess is charged with our money supply in Art 1. There had no lawful right delegating it to these shady printers.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 09:03:35 pm »
I love it, the "They fooled him" defense.

They did.  Trump is basically gullible about people, but he's also a quick learner.  Example ... Romney sucked up to him hard to get the Senate seat and he probably thought Romney was a okay guy but it didn't take Mitt one day to turn on Trump.  And then Trump said what I've been saying ... if Romney had fought as hard against Obama as he did against me, he would have been elected.

Romney totally laid down for Obama and said 'walk here.'

Anyway, it was not a defense.  I know better than to attempt that with you.  It was an opinion piece.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 09:28:51 pm »
They do have a lawful right, they passed an amendment allowing it.

Whether that is a good thing is up to economists I guess, and gold bugs. But why is Trump making noise about interest rates, the economy is gangbusters?

How do we know what gang busters is? We haven’t seen a president unleash the economy like Donald Trump has. How high is high enough? Maybe we can’t even see the ceiling from here.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 09:29:16 pm »
They do have a lawful right, they passed an amendment allowing it.

Whether that is a good thing is up to economists I guess, and gold bugs. But why is Trump making noise about interest rates, the economy is gangbusters?

They passed no such Amendment.

What is this incredible case of Constitutional Ignorance on a Conservative site?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 01:47:20 am »
The Federal Reserve Act (ch. 6, 38 Stat. 251, enacted December 23, 1913, 12 U.S.C. §§ 221 to 522) is an Act of Congress that created the Federal Reserve System (the central banking system of the United States), and which created the authority to issue Federal Reserve Notes (commonly known as the US Dollar) as legal tender. The Act was signed into law by President Woodrow Wilson.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 01:57:44 am »
Doesn't this buffoon Trump need at least a few other people than himself in the government?
@Weird Tolkienish

No, he wants to be the only one in government as he believes he is the only perfect person on earth and I am serious when I say this. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 02:06:31 am »
How do we know what gang busters is? We haven’t seen a president unleash the economy like Donald Trump has. How high is high enough? Maybe we can’t even see the ceiling from here.

He needs a pat on the back on this one BIGLY.  Employment numbers are at an all time high.   Lowest Black unemployment in History.  Lowest Hispanic unemployment in History.

President Trump has been good for the economy...what the DEMS now need is a huge influx of illegals to tank the economy.  Therefore no wall, a push for amnesty and a push for asylum. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 02:18:00 am »
He needs a pat on the back on this one BIGLY.  Employment numbers are at an all time high.   Lowest Black unemployment in History.  Lowest Hispanic unemployment in History.

President Trump has been good for the economy...what the DEMS now need is a huge influx of illegals to tank the economy.  Therefore no wall, a push for amnesty and a push for asylum.

When the economy tanks like it always does will Trump and his supporters pat them selves on the back...I think not

Economics and economic conditions are cyclical and the American economy is more dependent on the world economy than ever before. Politicians will take credit when the markets are good and blame it on the other guy when they are not.... :shrug:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 02:22:43 am »
Screw the Fed. It's very Existence should be Voted on as a Constitutional Amendment.

How long has it been since this stinking Boiler Room of Global Bankster Swindlers have even been Audited?

Congess is charged with our money supply in Art 1. There had no lawful right delegating it to these shady printers.

Tell it!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 02:27:20 am »
They did.  Trump is basically gullible about people, but he's also a quick learner.  Example ... Romney sucked up to him hard to get the Senate seat and he probably thought Romney was a okay guy but it didn't take Mitt one day to turn on Trump.  And then Trump said what I've been saying ... if Romney had fought as hard against Obama as he did against me, he would have been elected.

Romney totally laid down for Obama and said 'walk here.'

Anyway, it was not a defense.  I know better than to attempt that with you.  It was an opinion piece.

I stand with Roosgirl.