Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: It’s probably the end of Trump’s presidency if he caves on the wall  (Read 1077 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham: It’s probably the end of Trump’s presidency if he caves on the wall

AllahpunditPosted at 2:01 pm on January 3, 2019

I’ve been blogging since the Bush presidency, through the war on terror, the rise of Obama, and the rise of Trump. I thought I’d seen it all.

I never imagined an Ann Coulter/Lindsey Graham convergence on immigration.

Is the man known to righties as “Grahamnesty” turning over a new leaf or is he working an angle here? The question answers itself.

“He’s not going to sign a bill that doesn’t have money for the wall. I can tell you exactly how this is going to end. The president is going to challenge Democrats to compromise and if they continue to say no, they’re going to pay the price with the American people,” Graham said during an appearance on Fox News’s “Hannity.”

“If he gives in now, that’s the end of 2019 in terms of him being an effective president,” he continued. “That’s the probably the end of his presidency. Donald Trump has made a promise to the American people. He’s going to secure our border.”

more
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/03/lindsey-graham-probably-end-trumps-presidency-caves-wall/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Thanks for the insight Lindsey; but he is absolutely correct.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Thanks for the insight Lindsey; but he is absolutely correct.

Yes he is right. But I'm still trying to figure out what Graham's angle is. He was too tight with McCain, too recently critical of Trump to be as solicitous of him as he seems to be now.

Offline rustynail

So they are sitting Trump up for a backstabbing veto override or something?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes he is right. But I'm still trying to figure out what Graham's angle is. He was too tight with McCain, too recently critical of Trump to be as solicitous of him as he seems to be now.

@skeeter

IF I were the suspicious type,I would suspect that Lady Lindsey is looking ahead at 2020,and planning to seem "Trumpish" while planning to pull the rug out from under him during the campaign.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

I think he's still more of a foreign policy hawk than Trump, but his change may have been as simple as the Kavanaugh hearings. He had a moment when he had seen enough and every reasonable person who believes in fairness and due process stood up and applauded him as he lambasted the Rats. He may have finally seen how evil the leftists are and he doesn't want them in power.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If even Lindsey Graham says this publicly...

I don't care if the government is shut down for 6 months.
Do what you have to do, Mr. Trump.

Offline libertybele

@skeeter

IF I were the suspicious type,I would suspect that Lady Lindsey is looking ahead at 2020,and planning to seem "Trumpish" while planning to pull the rug out from under him during the campaign.

...hmmm... possibly, but I don't think so.  Lindsey has finally found that it is ok to voice his opinion; I believe he has watched and learned that from Trump.  He was very vocal during the Kavanaugh hearings, and he was overwhelmingly applauded. He has since shown that he does have a back bone.  Perhaps we may not side with him on some issues, but he is genuine in his feelings and is willing to put his career on the line.   

I believe he is a patriot and though he was for amnesty, I honestly believe that the last caravan had a profund affect on him and even he agrees that we need a wall.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In a way, I do think I see some Senators positioning themselves to their advantage but I don't see it as conflicting with doing the right thing at the same time.

It's kind of like, if we see this flop, maybe I can run for office but at the same time, I'm still siding with the president which should be good if he wins another term.

He's smart, it doesn't mean he is always right. I once watched an interview with him and he seemed to sincerely believe that granting amnesty would help with the Hispanic vote. This was 4 years ago or so, he may see it differently now.

Offline corbe

Lindsay cannot be trusted.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

If even Lindsey Graham says this publicly...

I don't care if the government is shut down for 6 months.
Do what you have to do, Mr. Trump.

I don't think anyone cares that the govt' is shut down. Media is having a rough time ginning up concern about these ne'er do well furloughed employees like they did previous times.

Offline corbe

I don't think anyone cares that the govt' is shut down. Media is having a rough time ginning up concern about these ne'er do well furloughed employees like they did previous times.

Obviously you don't care that Americans are $hitting all over our Federal Parks, Frankly (pun intended) I don't either.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

No he can't he is waiting for his weasel moment when he can intervene with his own amnesty proposal to save the day.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Obviously you don't care that Americans are $hitting all over our Federal Parks, Frankly (pun intended) I don't either.

I don't care about the state parks. I own a big yard with some trees.

Offline RoosGirl

Fed Gov been shut down for a week and we're still alive.  Hallelujah and praise the Lord, now pass the ammunition.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
...hmmm... possibly, but I don't think so.  Lindsey has finally found that it is ok to voice his opinion; I believe he has watched and learned that from Trump.  He was very vocal during the Kavanaugh hearings, and he was overwhelmingly applauded. He has since shown that he does have a back bone.  Perhaps we may not side with him on some issues, but he is genuine in his feelings and is willing to put his career on the line.   

I believe he is a patriot and though he was for amnesty, I honestly believe that the last caravan had a profund affect on him and even he agrees that we need a wall.

@libertybele

I hope you are right,but I remain suspicious of these sudden conversions. The one thing nobody has ever accused Lady Lindsey of is being stupid,and what better 2020 plan could he have than to be seen supporting Trump on the majority of his programs,and then have a sudden "principled" difference of opinion that would force him to step in and challenge Trump at the last minute as "someone who has the experience,knowledge,and connections to get the things done that Trump and the 'murikan people want done,but that Trump could never get passed!"

Nobody can spend years carrying McLunatics cod piece around and keeping it polished,and then have a magical transformation overnight.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline collins

Linda is right on this one, Trump caves, he's going down. I think the wall is why so many supported him two years ago - this his issue, and he'd better hold fast.

Now Linda and his transformation into a non-RINO, who know what's up with that? Maybe McCain did really have something on him he took to his grave, but maybe not, still can't trust him.

Offline DB

Trump folded on the wall before Christmas and then got an earful and backtracked from signing the CR.

That isn't the sign of someone ready to stick it out to win long term.

Offline goatprairie

What politician can be trusted fully? Even Reagan signed an amnesty bill letting in three million. He apologized for it later saying he had been deceived by the Dems, but the damage was done.
I trust results...not words.

Offline goatprairie

I think Graham is actually trying to encourage Trump not to back down.  I have to believe Trump knows the score, but it is good he knows he has the backing of key people in congress.