Author Topic: Romney slams Trump's character in new op-ed  (Read 12070 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Romney slams Trump's character in new op-ed
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2019, 11:48:35 pm »
Poor Tumpy... I guess he ain't the great negotiator after all... And it's everybody else's fault.

Whatever makes you feel better.

But my point was apparent and should be pretty easy to grasp. They can rationalize it all they want but it wouldn't matter who the candidate is the inside the beltway crowd will reject him/her if they aren't a member of their cabal. That goes for both parties.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2019, 11:55:25 pm »

But my point was apparent and should be pretty easy to grasp. They can rationalize it all they want but it wouldn't matter who the candidate is the inside the beltway crowd will reject him/her if they aren't a member of their cabal. That goes for both parties.

Just wait till Drool Cup Nancy puts Occasional Cortex in her place.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2019, 11:57:03 pm »

It IS easy to grasp = He was hoisted on his own petard, which is a particularly pointed description, as a 'petard' is a bag of hot gas.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2019, 11:59:50 pm »
It IS easy to grasp = He was hoisted on his own petard, which is a particularly pointed description, as a 'petard' is a bag of hot gas.

On the other hand apparently he's given your life meaning.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2019, 12:08:56 am »

LOL. Top Notch!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2019, 12:15:20 am »

Indirectly, you are right - Not paying much attention to the idiocy going on in 'conservative' news and talk radio has given me time to spend on more meaningful pursuits where actual Conservatism still matters.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2019, 12:20:31 am »
Indirectly, you are right - Not paying much attention to the idiocy going on in 'conservative' news and talk radio has given me time to spend on more meaningful pursuits where actual Conservatism still matters.

Denigrating a President on TBR 24/7 is an actual Conservative pursuit? Shit then. Looks like Rachael Maddow is the new Bill Buckley.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2019, 12:23:14 am »
Denigrating a President on TBR 24/7 is an actual Conservative pursuit? Shit then. Looks like Rachael Maddow is the new Bill Buckley.

24/7?

I don't think I have hardly even been here in the last few days.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2019, 12:25:28 am »

Funny how "Conservatism" means your own personal beliefs these days, whatever they are, rather than any set of beliefs and generally agreed upon behaviors and goals.

IE: "We disagree, so I'm a Conservative and You're just FOS."
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2019, 12:49:05 am »
Funny how "Conservatism" means your own personal beliefs these days, whatever they are, rather than any set of beliefs and generally agreed upon behaviors and goals.

IE: "We disagree, so I'm a Conservative and You're just FOS."

Conservatism is a concise set of principles across four major factions. Just as it has always been.
I agree with, and have supported ALL of those principles on the record, with nearly 20 years of record to back that up.

That is not 'personal beliefs'. That is actual Conservatism.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2019, 01:04:21 am »
@corbe

Headline is a blatant lie and I go no further!

No, you should go further. A lot further. I thought that posted article was offensive and I'm a bigot.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2019, 01:09:29 am »
No, you should go further. A lot further. I thought that posted article was offensive and I'm a bigot.

No thanks!  I know that there is not one follower of Joseph Smith in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Day Saints.  Not a single one so the headline is enough for me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2019, 01:14:35 am »
No thanks!  I know that there is not one follower of Joseph Smith in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Day Saints.  Not a single one so the headline is enough for me.

Well you're a better man than me. If someone was denigrating the Rosicrucian like that I would be on them like stink.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2019, 01:16:39 am »
Well you're a better man than me. If someone was denigrating the Rosicrucian like that I would be on them like stink.

Nope! That's exactly what the guy who posted this wants and I'm not about to give it to him.

Just so you know, I can't stand Mitt Romney even though we happen to be members of the same Church.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:19:40 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2019, 01:21:49 am »
Just so you know, I can't stand Mitt Romney even though we happen to be members of the same Church.

Hell, his own family doesn't like him. His niece Ronna lit off on him today for this nonsense Op/Ed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2019, 01:26:24 am »
Nope! That's exactly what the guy who posted this wants and I'm not about to give it to him.

You have every right to be offended, but the Babylon Bee is a satire site.
Just FYI.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2019, 01:28:01 am »
   Just for the record Briefers I meant no ill will towards anyone with that post from the BabylonBee (above), I should have used better judgment.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2019, 01:28:07 am »
Hell, his own family doesn't like him. His niece Ronna lit off on him today for this nonsense Op/Ed.

His daddy George is a BIG reason why we got LBJ in 64 instead of Barry Goldwater.  Big government trash about as "republican" as Juan McCain.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2019, 01:29:08 am »
You have every right to be offended, but the Babylon Bee is a satire site.
Just FYI.

I know that!  But they still get the message out!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2019, 01:31:36 am »
His daddy George is a BIG reason why we got LBJ in 64 instead of Barry Goldwater.  Big government trash about as "republican" as Juan McCain.

That's not even the worst of his offenses. George gave the country this abomination......

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2019, 01:33:41 am »
   Just for the record Briefers I meant no ill will towards anyone with that post from the BabylonBee (above), I should have used better judgment.

That's the stupidest thing I read all day and I read 2 Pelosi quotes and 3 Occasional-Cortez quotes. There is no other reason in the world why someone would post that article except to slam the hell out of Mormons FR style.

Offline corbe

« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2019, 01:35:12 am »
   Removed my original, @Bigun reported to Moderators to clean up the quotes.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2019, 01:35:44 am »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2019, 01:38:01 am »

Thank you @corbe.  I'm sure YOU meant no ill but there is a method to their madness at the Bee.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2019, 01:38:33 am »

Just when I thought your wife let you have your balls she keeps in a mason jar on the top shelf of the pantry.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.