Author Topic: Trump wants to brief congressional leaders on border wall  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump wants to brief congressional leaders on border wall
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 05:02:20 pm »
Don't hold your breath.  As long as we have politicians who are making money off of drugs and guns that are coming across the border, it's not going to happen.  As long as the prospect of illegals coming across eventually being granted asylum or amnesty and significantly increasing the DEM voting base, it's not going to happen.

Our greatest chance of getting a wall and the enforcement of existing immigration laws was/is NOW under Trump...as I've already pointed out however, he wasted valuable time and a GOP majority the past two years.  So I'm not all that convinced he was as sincere about the issue as he has led you to believe.
Sorry, but I seriously think he would have signed off on a wall, among other things if the GOP majority had presented him with the Bill. That just didn't happen, despite years of promises that "if only...". Well, they pissed away that opportunity. I really don't know when they think the voting base is going to stay with them if there is no effective difference between them and the last batch of Democrats. They wasted the opportunity to do what they were elected to do--namely reverse Obama policies, as promised (repeatedly).
I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for the lot of them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis