Author Topic: WOW: Libs Want To Amend The Constitution To Protect Ruth Bader Ginsburg  (Read 2618 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: WOW: Libs Want To Amend The Constitution To Protect Ruth Bader Ginsburg
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2018, 03:53:21 am »
That is incorrect. The average lifespan in the late 1700s was around 35. A 50 year old was a very old elderly person. There is no way the founding fathers could have predicted politicians trying to stay in office for 100 years or more. Political office was necessarily 'temporary'. Because life itself was temporary in those days.

As medicine and lifespans continue to increase, in 50 years and without term limits, a politician with an insatiable lust for power at any costs could theoretically stay in office indefinitely. As more and more of these corrupt parasites come into office, eventually elections will never change anything. The same people will just keep getting reelected over and over forever. 20% of Congress is like that now, and the percentage will only increase over time.
Nah, that's a myth more than anything. That average is skewed, since you had just as much of a chance of dying at age 5 as you did at age 65; child mortality was a real problem back then. Washington died at 67; Jefferson was 82, Ben Franklin 84, John Adams 90.

In reality, for those able to stay healthy, maximum life expectancy hasn't budged.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2018, 05:58:10 am »
Nah, that's a myth more than anything. That average is skewed, since you had just as much of a chance of dying at age 5 as you did at age 65; child mortality was a real problem back then. Washington died at 67; Jefferson was 82, Ben Franklin 84, John Adams 90.

In reality, for those able to stay healthy, maximum life expectancy hasn't budged.
I thought about that. Also, no doubt they are including all the infants which died at birth. And wars and plagues would also warp the result. Those would certainly skew the average way down. However, even with that the people you cited were anomalies and certainly not the norm. People achieving those recorded ages back then, and in the world at large even today, were no where near as prevalent as it is today in America.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2018, 08:23:03 am »
I thought about that. Also, no doubt they are including all the infants which died at birth. And wars and plagues would also warp the result. Those would certainly skew the average way down. However, even with that the people you cited were anomalies and certainly not the norm. People achieving those recorded ages back then, and in the world at large even today, were no where near as prevalent as it is today in America.
Death in childbirth (or from infection) was more common then, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2018, 06:44:46 pm »
And yet here we are in 2018 and every ruling at the federal level is political.

And you want more of that?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2018, 01:28:15 am »
And you want more of that?

Did I say that? 

No I didn't.

No one here is saying the judges need to run in an election.  Let them still got through the nomination process like now...but have it only be fore a 15-20 year term and they are done.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2018, 08:33:58 am »
I fully support term limits on everyone involved in government.  A judge is nothing special, for lying attorneys are a dime a thousand.  But term limits for all, including legislators.

And the nonsense of Trump replacing RBG with a conservative just does not matter, for the Bush appointed Chief Justice Roberts cannot be counted on for important decisions.  We would not have Obamacare if not for that maggot.  Add another conservative, and I still believe we have a liberal/progressive Supreme Court.

This court of lying attorneys decided in favor of mass genocide to convenience women versus protect the lives of the most vulnerable in our society, the unborn.  In this, we are no different than communist USSR, now Russia, where abortion is the primary means of birth control. 

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2018, 01:24:03 pm »
The Constitution and Ruth Ginsburg are fine without Marxist improvements
to The Constitution. It has kept us well for a very long time.

Liberals should have no fear as The Donald will resolve any issues with
Ginsburg.

:)

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote