Author Topic: Trump claims 'wall' around Obamas' DC home is 'same thing' as border wall  (Read 1239 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump claims 'wall' around Obamas' DC home is 'same thing' as border wall
By Brett Samuels - 12/30/18 05:34 PM EST

President Trump on Sunday referenced reports of a privacy "wall" built around President Obama's Washington, D.C., home to justify the construction of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, as he continues to push for funding the structure amid a partial government shutdown.

Trump tweeted that the brick structure reportedly put up last year along the Obamas' Kalorama home was "totally necessary for their safety and security."

"The U.S. needs the same thing, slightly larger version!" Trump tweeted.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/423273-trump-us-needs-border-wall-like-obamas-needed-privacy-wall-outside-dc
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump claims 'wall' around Obamas' DC home is 'same thing' as border wall
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 11:38:13 pm »
Well, yeah it is nearly the same thing.

The man could belch into a napkin and the media would make a controversy out of it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 12:08:21 am »

The man could belch into a napkin and the media would make a controversy out of it.

It's nearly the same thing, but Bammy's wall has already been funded.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 12:22:42 am »
I think I remember Obama is renting that house.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:54:15 am »

Well, ok.  I stand corrected.  Thank you for the info.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 12:58:19 am »
@libertybele

The reason I remember he rented it, is, I thought with the massive amount of money he has, why is he renting that house?  Then, I thought, maybe it is a stepping off place and he'll buy something in an Arab country, or Hawaii.  :th_10444:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 03:21:29 am »

Why does this matter?  Obama is still the one who built the wall @Victoria33

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 03:22:11 am »
Ryan has a wall around his home, too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 03:29:59 am »
   Real Republicans like McConnell and Bush live inside a Gated Community, does this help at all?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 03:50:39 am »
@libertybele

The reason I remember he rented it, is, I thought with the massive amount of money he has, why is he renting that house?  Then, I thought, maybe it is a stepping off place and he'll buy something in an Arab country, or Hawaii.  :th_10444:

Oh no he is staying in Washington because he is waiting to return to the White House.  You watch Michelle will run.

Trump is right on the wall.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:51:23 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 02:08:16 pm »
   Real Republicans like McConnell and Bush live inside a Gated Community, does this help at all?
@corbe
@mystery-ak
@Freya

I lived in a gated community which was situated where there was a lake.  After a period of time, I was asked to take the responsibility of the guard shack at our gate.  This is voluntary, not a paid job. A guard was always at the guard shack.  I did that and updated what was wrong with the gate at that time. 

I set up a system with maps.  I put a device there so the guard would hear the message when an ambulance was called to come there.  The guard would designate the house on the map. When the ambulance came through the gate, they were handed the map as there had been times the ambulance couldn't find the house.

The shack had an oxygen tank there.  It was dangerous to use on a child as the oxygen mask was the type to force air into a person.  It would have blown out a child's lungs.  I changed the mask to one that wouldn't do that. I became an EMT so I could respond to calls and go to the house before the ambulance got there, to evaluate the patient, do life saving methods if the patient needed that, filled out a form I made up to give to the ambulance people with the patient's status at that time and I put the patient's insurance information on the form so they would not have to do that.  They picked up the patient with that information on the form, so could load the patient more quickly and head to the hospital.

I was in my sixties at that time.  I was the oldest in the class to become an EMT. The instructor told me he told his wife if something happened to him to call me before she called for the ambulance.

The moral of the above is, when you are older you don 't have to sit and do nothing.  You can find a way to help others to make your life more meaningful.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 02:12:18 pm »
@corbe
@mystery-ak
@Freya

I lived in a gated community which was situated where there was a lake.  After a period of time, I was asked to take the responsibility of the guard shack at our gate.  This is voluntary, not a paid job. A guard was always at the guard shack.  I did that and updated what was wrong with the gate at that time. 

I set up a system with maps.  I put a device there so the guard would hear the message when an ambulance was called to come there.  The guard would designate the house on the map. When the ambulance came through the gate, they were handed the map as there had been times the ambulance couldn't find the house.

The shack had an oxygen tank there.  It was dangerous to use on a child as the oxygen mask was the type to force air into a person.  It would have blown out a child's lungs.  I changed the mask to one that wouldn't do that. I became an EMT so I could respond to calls and go to the house before the ambulance got there, to evaluate the patient, do life saving methods if the patient needed that, filled out a form I made up to give to the ambulance people with the patient's status at that time and I put the patient's insurance information on the form so they would not have to do that.  They picked up the patient with that information on the form, so could load the patient more quickly and head to the hospital.

I was in my sixties at that time.  I was the oldest in the class to become an EMT. The instructor told me he told his wife if something happened to him to call me before she called for the ambulance.

The moral of the above is, when you are older you don 't have to sit and do nothing.  You can find a way to help others to make your life more meaningful.

I know that this post wasn't addressed to me, @Victoria33 but it was a really great post and great story.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 02:14:02 pm »
Oh no he is staying in Washington because he is waiting to return to the White House.  You watch Michelle will run. Trump is right on the wall.
@Chosen Daughter

I agree with you.  At the time he got that house I didn't know Michelle would become the most admired woman in the US.  She is likely to win the presidency - woman and black. Obama knows how to get votes - he did it twice.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 02:24:50 pm »
I know that this post wasn't addressed to me, @Victoria33 but it was a really great post and great story.
@libertybele

Thank you.  I am not going to sit and knit because I am old.  I wrote a book last year, hopefully on Amazon soon, and teach a Bible class.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2018, 03:04:11 pm »

@Victoria33 is my role model since I turned 50. I hope if I live as long as she has, I can be half the woman she is. She and my mom are my inspiration but for different reasons, I’m glad she’s my “other” mom.

I wish I lived near her. I’d get a doggy and walk both of em.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:05:03 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline thirddegree

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 07:01:27 pm »
Why does this matter?  Obama is still the one who built the wall @Victoria33

Actually, if he's a renter and paid for it, the optics are even worse for him.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 07:38:25 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

I agree with you.  At the time he got that house I didn't know Michelle would become the most admired woman in the US.  She is likely to win the presidency - woman and black. Obama knows how to get votes - he did it twice.

Uhgggg, makes me shutter.  I certainly don't admire her.  But liberals do.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 07:48:31 pm »
@libertybele

A close Chicago friend of Obama's bought an estate in Waimanalo and is currently redeveloping it. It is the same location famous as 'Robin's Nest' in the old Magnum PI series.

He's already torn down the existing structures familiar to fans of the show, which were designed by a renown architect and were about 80 years old.

I sincerely hope he's not acting as the purple lipped princes' proxy here. I don't need any more reasons to despise the man.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 09:38:55 pm »

Amen @skeeter   It was an apt analogy.  Most of these liberals live behind walls and have armed guards, yet decry the right to have arms to regular people.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2018, 09:41:22 pm »
@corbe
@mystery-ak
@Freya

Congrats on making a difference.

My son and his wife lived in a resort community for years that was gated and surrounded a lake.  It was Lake Kiowa resort in Texas.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.