Author Topic: Exiting lawmakers jockey for K Street perch  (Read 280 times)

Offline corbe

Exiting lawmakers jockey for K Street perch
« on: December 30, 2018, 10:30:12 pm »
Exiting lawmakers jockey for K Street perch

By Alex Gangitano - 12/30/18 05:13 PM EST

Dozens of outgoing lawmakers are looking to make the jump to K Street after an election that saw a massive number of GOP retirements and a Democratic wave flip control of the House.

Lawmakers have long been coveted by lobby firms and business and trade groups for their connections and insider experience. But with a large turnover following the 115th Congress, the competition for prime spots could be fierce.

The jockeying has already begun with associations and firms sizing up retiring lawmakers for their accomplishments in Congress and their willingness to work hard and fit in on a new team.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/423017-exiting-lawmakers-jockey-for-k-street-perch
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Exiting lawmakers jockey for K Street perch
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 12:55:46 am »
Well damn! Who would have expected such a thing?  /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien