Author Topic: Dems lay out plan for 2019: Trump won’t know what hit him … ‘Pelosi is going to play this very smart  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dems lay out plan for 2019: Trump won’t know what hit him … ‘Pelosi is going to play this very smart’
BizPac Review, Dec 31, 2018,  Frieda Powers

ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd thinks President Donald Trump won’t “know what hit him” come January 3rd as Democrats step into leadership of the House.

The former chief strategist for the Bush-Cheney 2004 presidential campaign told fill-in host Martha Raddatz on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday that he thinks the president is not prepared for what Democrats will be throwing at him, especially with incoming Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi at the helm.

Speaking of funding for wall along the U.S.-Mexico border and the partial government shutdown which is clearly headed into the new year, Dowd suggested that Trump would “set another record’ as the shutdown would surpass the last record of 21 days.

“Donald Trump’s already given up on the wall. He’s now talking about a fence with slats. He’s now given up on Mexico paying for it,” Dowd declared. “We’re going to set a record over 21 days.”

“No, I don’t think he is prepared for it both emotionally and administratively in the White House,” Dowd responded.

“First of all, they have a new chief of staff coming in. They’ll have a new defense secretary coming in. They have acting secretaries in a number of places, and they don’t have an infrastructure in the White House that is going to deal with the amount of subpoenas, the amount of investigations,” he explained.

“I think Nancy Pelosi is going to play this very smart,” he added, referring to the current House Minority Leader who has already made it clear she will actively be leading her Democratic colleagues on an all-out attack on the Trump administration.

She’s going to pass a series of bills on public policy. She’s going to do something on guns. She is going to do something on trying to eliminate the shutdown. She’s going to pass a bunch of stuff, and she’ll let her people chair these committees,” Dowd said.

“I don’t think Donald Trump is going to know what hit him come January 3,” he concluded.

More:  https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/12/31/dems-lay-out-plan-for-2019-trump-wont-know-what-hit-him-pelosi-is-going-to-play-this-very-smart-708580

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Above is the liberal and republican NT communal wet dream.  Enjoy!

Happy New Year!       

Offline skeeter

Apparently ABC's political analyst isn't familiar with what goes on on the other side of Capitol Hill.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:31:51 pm by skeeter »

Online rustynail

Apparently ABC's political analyst isn't familiar with what goes on on the other side of Capitol Hill.
A 'Federal Judge' will rule that bills passed by the House will become law because.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The delusion of the Dems. They have one half of one branch of govt.

Note Dowd, that the DOJ can open investigations too, and the new AG will be approved by the expanded majority Senate. Not to mention the Senate can investigate too, as well as approve judges and pass bills.

You'd think the Dems just took over the country in a coup.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Note Dowd, that the DOJ can open investigations too, and the new AG will be approved by the expanded majority Senate. Not to mention the Senate can investigate too, as well as approve judges and pass bills.

The main majority the dems have is the Press.  Their policy ideas are idiotic and consist mostly of depriving people of something while increasing taxes.  They don't have a single worthy candidate for 2020.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The Democommie candidate will be HR Clinton.  Bank on it.

And Pelosi, if she lived a million years would not rise up to the ankle of President Donald Trump.

She is dumb as a stump.  Please!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:10:40 am by jafo2010 »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She is dumb as a stump.  Please!
True. Pelosi, Feinstein, Waters, and that Shitt guy, not only are they stupid in terms of lacking intelligence, but they are also delusional and crazy. The things they say and do would get most people committed to an asylum. They really are nuts. And that precludes any kind of 'playing it smart'. They will do something so freakin nuts, the entire country will wonder what the hell is wrong with these people.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

“I think Nancy Pelosi is going to play this very smart,” he added,

Well Matt. Can you point to any other parts of her career where Nancy played it smart......you stupid fagot? I can't think of any.....

Offline jafo2010

First off, Mathew Dowd is the ABC stooge that took another stooge's place, George Will, a man Bill O'Reilly said was "a liar and a hack".  I take almost everything he says(Dowd) with a grain of salt.

Just remember,, on election day, I believe everyone thought Clinton would beat Trump by 7%.

Trump is not going to lay down for these miserable b*st*rds.  Because of that, I believe he is in jeopardy come year four when he runs for a second term.

I just hope he is using his own security team more than the Secret Service, for I would not trust them as far as I could throw any of them.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A 'Federal Judge' will rule that bills passed by the House will become law because.
IIRC, the Federal Judges can (with exception of SCOTUS) be removed by POTUS at any time. Didn't Reagan do something like that?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

I don't see anything getting done.  The House will pass legislation, the Senate will either let it sit for months or reject it outright.  Trump won't have much to do except whine and moan on Twitter. 

I do expect, though, that this gridlock will ultimately work out for the Democrats. They can make  promises as the Republicans did during the Obama reign -- "give us the senate, give  us the presidency and we will get things done."  The Dem voters will believe and vote their candidates in.  Only difference is that when all that happens, the Dems will accomplish their goals, unlike the stupid, lazy Republicans.  Here comes Medicare for All, an even bigger flood of illegals and supposed refugees, climate change legislation (including carbon tax) and more "free stuff" for all. 

Offline montanajoe

IIRC, the Federal Judges can (with exception of SCOTUS) be removed by POTUS at any time. Didn't Reagan do something like that?

A federal judge serves an lifetime appointment and can only be removed by impeachment by a majority in the House of Representatives and conviction by a 2/3 majority in the Senate... :shrug:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don't see anything getting done.  The House will pass legislation, the Senate will either let it sit for months or reject it outright.  Trump won't have much to do except whine and moan on Twitter. 

I do expect, though, that this gridlock will ultimately work out for the Democrats. They can make  promises as the Republicans did during the Obama reign -- "give us the senate, give  us the presidency and we will get things done."  The Dem voters will believe and vote their candidates in.  Only difference is that when all that happens, the Dems will accomplish their goals, unlike the stupid, lazy Republicans.  Here comes Medicare for All, an even bigger flood of illegals and supposed refugees, climate change legislation (including carbon tax) and more "free stuff" for all.
This last Congress was the second time in my life when Republicans had both chambers and the Presidency and did absolutely nothing with it except sit on their hands.

Give us the House and we will act. Ok, here is the House.
Oh, oh, wait, we can't do anything. We need the Senate too. Ok, here is the Senate.
Oh, oh, wait wait, we can't do anything. We need the Presidency too. Ok, here is the President.
Oh, wait, We can't do anything until we get a bigger majority...Ok...
Wait, wait, we can't do anything until we all get a pony...

Voting for Republicans is a total waste of time. Republicans are either unwilling or unable to enact any legislation which contradicts the Democrats. They have proven this to be true many times over. Any time Republicans come into power all they ever do is stall, delay, stall, delay, do nothing, and wait for the Democrats to regain control.

The Republican Party wants to lose. They have no intention of ever doing anything, except to allow the Democrats to get their way while pretending to be an opposition Party. The Republican Party is fake. It is a total waste of my time.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 11:54:16 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online rustynail

"There's not a dime's worth of difference between the Democrat and Republican parties."

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It don't matter what Pelosi wants to do from her prison cell.  'cause that's where she'll be after all the Q arrests happen....any day now.

Offline Applewood

@240B

You are right.  And as more voters who once voted Republican abandon the party , this will ensure Democrats will ultimately win the trifecta. 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@Amb. Frank Cannon said:

"Well Matt. Can you point to any other parts of her career where Nancy played it smart"

I wasn't aware that DC's own Village Idiot was in line for a brain transplant.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:38:39 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online libertybele

I believe that there has been an attempted coup going on for quite some time. 

Let's hope that the Turtle and the new majority in the Senate stand conservatively.  We can only hope, otherwise Trump is in for a really rough couple of years.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B

You are right.  And as more voters who once voted Republican abandon the party , this will ensure Democrats will ultimately win the trifecta.
@Applewood
I hate to say this, but that seems to be what the Republicans want.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
rustynail wrote the quote:
"There's not a dime's worth of difference between the Democrat and Republican parties."

Smart man, who said dat...!

Offline jafo2010

They are all zebras, one party has black stripes, the other white.  You tell me who is who.

If Trump lives long enough to get elected again, he will.  Nothing the Democommies will do will stop him.  And HR Clinton will not best him again, and she will be their candidate.