Author Topic: Rep. Jackson Lee: Christmas ‘Is a Holy Time’ When ‘We Must Ensure Our Government Is Provided For’  (Read 840 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Jackson Lee: Christmas ‘Is a Holy Time’ When ‘We Must Ensure Our Government Is Provided For’

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D.-Texas) took to the House floor on Dec. 12 [1] to explain why, especially in the Christmas season, a shutdown of the federal government should be avoided.

“This is a season where many in our Nation draw together with families and worship and celebrate,” Jackson Lee said.

“It is a very honored time,” she said. “People of the Christian faith are engaged in the recognition and acknowledgment of the birth of baby Jesus. It is a holy time. It is a time when families need resources. Government workers need to ensure that their families are provided for, but also we must ensure that our government is provided for.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/rep-jackson-lee-christmas-holy-time-when-we-must-ensure-our-government

rangerrebew

*hmmmm*  What in the world does Christmas have to do with providing for the government?

Offline Victoria33

*hmmmm*  What in the world does Christmas have to do with providing for the government?
@rangerrebew

Christmas is a time of celebration of the birth of Christ.  If families have no money because of government taking it away, that is not in the spirit of Christmas.

She said: "Government workers need to ensure that their families are provided for, but also we must ensure that our government is provided for."

It is unchristian to do what Trump is doing, shutting down 25% of government which means we are not getting government programs and workers are not being paid.  Christ said give unto Caesar what is Caesar's.  Government was designed to serve the people.  Trump is designed to help himself, not caring about the American people he is hurting because part of government is shut down.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 01:46:40 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I was just thinking about SJL the other day, and wondering why we hadn't been subjected to any of her verbal gems lately.  The tension was killing me.

Offline Victoria33

sheJack strikes again.
@GrouchoTex

A number of years ago, in Harris County, which is Houston, redistricting happened, and Harris County wanted a voting district that was mainly black voters. In order to accomplish that, the district lines are convoluted, going this way and that way, skipping some land, putting in some, totally jagged lines.  Sheila Jackson Lee was elected as their Representative and she has had it since then.  She is one nut short of a fruit cake.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Somebody PLEASE ask this goober if her Muslim friends also consider Christmas to be a Holy Time at one of her TeeBee press conferences.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

I was just thinking about SJL the other day, and wondering why we hadn't been subjected to any of her verbal gems lately.  The tension was killing me.

Its been awhile since we've seen a 'don't you know who I am, peon' story from the SJL braintrust. She must be chartering all her flights on the taxpayer nickel now.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Leave it to the Democrats.

:laughingdog:

Christmas is a time to celebrate the Holy Government!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline GrouchoTex

@GrouchoTex

A number of years ago, in Harris County, which is Houston, redistricting happened, and Harris County wanted a voting district that was mainly black voters. In order to accomplish that, the district lines are convoluted, going this way and that way, skipping some land, putting in some, totally jagged lines.  Sheila Jackson Lee was elected as their Representative and she has had it since then.  She is one nut short of a fruit cake.

I am familiar with it. it is the old Mickey Leland seat.