Author Topic: Meet the Press isn't even pretending to be balanced anymore  (Read 1135 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Meet the Press isn't even pretending to be balanced anymore
« on: December 30, 2018, 02:22:09 pm »
Meet the Press came on this morning and flatly admitted at the start that the whole show today would be about Climate Change,and there would be no opposing viewpoint offered because "it's real and there is no question it is real". As proof of this,they show a poll that states 52 percent of Americans believe it is real.

AND....they start off with Michael Bloomberg dumping on Trump and stating that "the office of President isn't a starting job",and doin't a whole section talking about how Dims need to be supported by the public.

This display today is justification for seeing NBC lose their broadcast license because they way AT THE START it is not going to be unbiased or show the other side.

Can't wait for some Bible Thumper to ask the metrosexual  host "what do you have to say to a recent poll that says 60 percent of Americans believe that Jesus is the son of God? Since 60 percent of the people polled in the Bible Belt say it's true,it must be true,right?"

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Meet the Press isn't even pretending to be balanced anymore
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 02:30:24 pm »
There was a time, not long ago by historical standards, when the genetic inferiority of blacks was likewise considered "settled science". 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 03:05:03 pm »
BTW,do not expect me to respond. I am having some health issues and am leaving to go to the ER in a few minutes. IMHO,not a serious problem at the moment,but I am trying to prevent it from becoming a serious problem.

With any luck at all I will be back in a few days.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 03:10:18 pm »
BTW,do not expect me to respond. I am having some health issues and am leaving to go to the ER in a few minutes. IMHO,not a serious problem at the moment,but I am trying to prevent it from becoming a serious problem.

With any luck at all I will be back in a few days.
Good luck.  :seeya:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 03:14:40 pm »
I'm drawing a blank trying to remember when they did pretend to be balanced!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 03:54:36 pm »
@sneakypete

You are making yourself worse watching those talking heads.  I tuned all of them out some years ago.  Watching/listening to these yakkers raises my blood pressure.  When I don't pay atrention to them, I feel a helluva lot better.

It's too bad we can't harness all that hot air emanating from those talk shows.  Where I live, it's cold out this morning.

And dang it, Pete -- get well soon, you old sot. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 04:44:38 pm »
@sneakypete

You are making yourself worse watching those talking heads.  I tuned all of them out some years ago.  Watching/listening to these yakkers raises my blood pressure.  When I don't pay atrention to them, I feel a helluva lot better.

It's too bad we can't harness all that hot air emanating from those talk shows.  Where I live, it's cold out this morning.

And dang it, Pete -- get well soon, you old sot.

Life has become so much more enjoyable without cable news.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 05:24:16 pm »

Chuck Todd Bans 'Climate Deniers' from Climate Change Special
By Mark Finkelstein | December 30, 2018 10:38 AM EST

The Closing of the American Mind was Allan Bloom's groundbreaking critique of "absolute understanding" in academia and the way that it undermines critical thinking. If Bloom were with us today, we could imagine him writing a sequel devoted to the way the climate change industry has sought to silence dissent.

Chuck Todd gave a stunning example of the phenomenon this morning in his introduction of a Meet the Press special edition on climate change. Todd quite literally announced that dissent would not be tolerated. Here was Todd:

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2018/12/30/chuck-todd-bans-climate-deniers-climate-change-special

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 05:53:22 pm »
Contact Pravda, Chuck. I'm sure they're hiring.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mod1

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 06:10:14 pm »
Merged two threads on same topic.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 11:14:35 pm »
This is why I -NEVER- even bother looking at the threads "Sunday Talk Show lineups..."

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 11:23:35 pm »
Which is why I've called them 'Meet the Crass' for years. Glad to see them bare their teeth, finally.
The Republic is lost.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 11:27:25 pm »
   I no longer watch any of that $hit, quit in 2010, it's just programed hate with an objective. 
   I fill my empty hours now reading books/a select few internet sites, getting drunk and chasing women.
   I'm much happier now.

@sneakypete take care of yourself Dude I know that I am not the only Briefer that would miss you, in spite of your Bush hate.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 11:29:18 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 11:41:35 pm »
Todd quite literally announced that dissent would not be tolerated.

They did the exact same thing in Nazi Germany.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2018, 01:39:31 am »
I'm drawing a blank trying to remember when they did pretend to be balanced!

When I was a kid, we all thought we were getting the news unfiltered and unbiased.  I remember Cronkite, Huntley-Brinkley  and the others.  We trusted them all.   Of course, back in my youth, we didn't have the internet to check out what we were being told.  I think the internet has opened our eyes.  Yes, there is a lot of BS on the internet too.  But we are learning not to trust -- to check things out for ourselves.  And it makes the media and their masters insane knowing we know they are lying.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 02:59:25 am »
When I was a kid, we all thought we were getting the news unfiltered and unbiased.  I remember Cronkite, Huntley-Brinkley  and the others.  We trusted them all.   Of course, back in my youth, we didn't have the internet to check out what we were being told.  I think the internet has opened our eyes.  Yes, there is a lot of BS on the internet too.  But we are learning not to trust -- to check things out for ourselves.  And it makes the media and their masters insane knowing we know they are lying.
Actually, several of the anchors in those days were conservatives....Chet Huntley and Howard K. Smith of ABC were conservatives.
Of course, Huntley had to work with liberal Brinkley and  Croncrete was all by himself in front of everybody.
Still not quite as bad as today's liberal louses.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 02:22:16 pm »

GregGutfeld  Verified account @greggutfeld

Coming up tonight: my in depth hour long special into Chuck Todd, titled "Chuck Todd, Half Lizard, Half Captain Kangaroo."  No,we won't be welcoming any Chuck Todd lizard/Kangaroo skeptics on the program. The science is settled.
3:49 PM - 30 Dec 2018
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 02:26:23 pm »
That day happened long ago when Russert died.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 02:34:51 pm »

Coming up tonight: my in depth hour long special into Chuck Todd, titled "Chuck Todd, Half Lizard, Half Captain Kangaroo."  No,we won't be welcoming any Chuck Todd lizard/Kangaroo skeptics on the program. The science is settled.

I'm sorry to have missed that.  Was it any good?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 02:41:11 pm »
They have lived so long in the Echo Chamber of Doom and Imminent Death, they believe any dissent is "dangerous".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2018, 03:23:38 pm »
That day happened long ago when Russert died.
Russert was the last liberal journalist who most of the time actually tried to be fair and not totally in the Dem/lib camp.
I guess every now and then Jake Tapper does a decent job.
But it's pretty rare when a self-identified lib "journalist" actually tries to be fair.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 03:34:29 pm »

LOL  Gutfeld is all right by me,