Author Topic: Trump won’t attend Mar-a-Lago New Year’s celebration amid shutdown  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump won’t attend Mar-a-Lago New Year’s celebration amid shutdown
NY Post, Dec 28, 2018

WASHINGTON — President Trump will be skipping the annual Mar-a-Lago New Year’s Eve party because of the government shutdown.

Acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney confirmed the news Friday on “Fox & Friends.”

“He’s canceled his plans for Christmas — now he’s canceled his plans for New Year’s,” he said.

Trump was originally supposed to travel to his Palm Beach, Florida, resort on Dec. 21, but stayed put in DC, as the government partially shut down at midnight Saturday.

More:  https://nypost.com/2018/12/28/trump-wont-attend-mar-a-lago-new-years-celebration-amid-shutdown/?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Probably a good idea. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Probably a good idea.

I think he should go...Nancy is in Hawaii..Maxine is in the Bahamas...who knows where Chuckie is...../s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Nancy Pelosi Is Spending Shutdown at Hawaii Resort
Trump canceled Florida trip for shutdown, went to Iraq to visit troops
Washington Free Beacon, Dec 28, 2018

Democratic House leader Nancy Pelosi is spending the government shutdown at a luxury resort in Hawaii, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

Pelosi, who has put blame squarely on President Donald Trump for the current government shutdown, was spotted Thursday vacationing in Hawaii at the Fairmont Orchid resort, where room accommodations range from $899-a-night for a standard room to $4,899-a-night for the presidential suite.

The resort, on Hawaii's Big Island, features a golf course, six restaurants, and a 10,000-square-foot oceanfront pool. It also features a "Spa Without Walls," where the 110-minute Ali'i Royal Experience is available for $369 and a 50-minute couples massage runs $549, according to the spa menu. While at the spa, guests can snack on a gluten-free grilled prawn summer roll for $19.

Trump canceled his Christmas trip to Florida and remained in the White House, saying on Christmas Eve that he was "waiting for the Democrats to come back and make a deal." The president left the White House on Christmas to travel to Iraq and meet with American troops stationed overseas.

Trump has been holding work meetings since Congress went into recess, including one with Department of Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen on how to fund the administration's border security plan.

More:  https://freebeacon.com/politics/nancy-pelosi-is-spending-shutdown-at-hawaii-resort/

I think he should go...Nancy is in Hawaii..Maxine is in the Bahamas...who knows where Chuckie is...../s

I'd rather the President beat the crap out of the dems with these optics.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mad Max Can’t Get Away From Trump – Maxine Waters Annoyed as Trump Float Passes by in Bahamas Parade (VIDEO)
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/12/mad-max-cant-get-away-from-trump-maxine-waters-annoyed-as-trump-float-passes-by-in-bahamas-parade-video/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

Exactly so.

It's a bad idea to be partying it up while you're simultaneously sending info out to the proles about how to ask for an extension on the mortgage because they aren't getting paid.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

I'd like to know what the Turtle is doing; after all the 'hang up' is in the Senate.  Weren't they supposed to reconvene on the 27th??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Who cares what Pelosi is doing...the House has already approved the budget.  We're waiting on the Senate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I'd like to know what the Turtle is doing; after all the 'hang up' is in the Senate.  Weren't they supposed to reconvene on the 27th??

He is probably resting comfortably at his Overlook Manse in Louisville at this time.