Author Topic: Estonia goes digital to end bureaucracy  (Read 505 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Estonia goes digital to end bureaucracy
« on: December 28, 2018, 02:27:51 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/estonia-digital-government-bureaucracy-applications-1.4959219

This Baltic country of 1.3 million people is engaged in an ambitious project to make government administration completely digital to reduce bureaucracy, increase transparency and boost economic growth. As more countries shift their services online, Estonia's experiment offers a glimpse of how interacting with the state might be for future generations.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline goodwithagun

Re: Estonia goes digital to end bureaucracy
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 02:56:34 pm »
I’ve said this for years: Sell D.C. offices to colleges/universities, turn the Capitol Building over to Parks for tourism, and send CONgress home. Everything can be streamed from their local offices either in their districts or, in the case of Senators, from their state capitols. Eliminate their travel budgets and give them back in tax cuts, and DO NOT shift the travel budget to some other project.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Estonia goes digital to end bureaucracy
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 03:26:21 pm »
I’ve said this for years: Sell D.C. offices to colleges/universities, turn the Capitol Building over to Parks for tourism, and send CONgress home. Everything can be streamed from their local offices either in their districts or, in the case of Senators, from their state capitols. Eliminate their travel budgets and give them back in tax cuts, and DO NOT shift the travel budget to some other project.

:thumbsup:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates