Author Topic: Shutdown to drag on with no House votes expected this week  (Read 14994 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Shutdown to drag on with no House votes expected this week
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2018, 09:37:35 pm »

So ??? The current House bill granting $$ for the wall will be null and void.  The new DEM majority Congress certainly isn't going to pass a new bill giving him $$ for the wall.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2018, 09:46:48 pm »
So ??? The current House bill granting $$ for the wall will be null and void.  The new DEM majority Congress certainly isn't going to pass a new bill giving him $$ for the wall.

I think what Trump is banking on, is that a non-negotiating dim leadership will come across as obstructionist and at fault for this debacle.

In truth this is what is happening, but with MSM in the dims hip pocket, Trump can't win the court of public opinion when the MSM is lying on their behalf.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2018, 09:56:24 pm »
I think what Trump is banking on, is that a non-negotiating dim leadership will come across as obstructionist and at fault for this debacle.

In truth this is what is happening, but with MSM in the dims hip pocket, Trump can't win the court of public opinion when the MSM is lying on their behalf.

Perhaps, but at the end of the day, what does it matter who is considered at fault?  No wall.  Asylum.  Illegal Immigration. Mass refugee migration. They all add up to DEM votes handing them the majority and eliminating the chance for the GOP to win seats.

If that is truly what Trump is banking one, he will lose and we lose our country.

I still keep asking, why in the heck did he wait till the last minute??  OR did he honestly think, that the GOP would maintain the majority in both Houses?  If so, he lost that gamble, BIGLY.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2018, 10:09:32 pm »
Perhaps, but at the end of the day, what does it matter who is considered at fault?  No wall.  Asylum.  Illegal Immigration. Mass refugee migration. They all add up to DEM votes handing them the majority and eliminating the chance for the GOP to win seats.

If that is truly what Trump is banking one, he will lose and we lose our country.

I still keep asking, why in the heck did he wait till the last minute??  OR did he honestly think, that the GOP would maintain the majority in both Houses?  If so, he lost that gamble, BIGLY.

Very Good Point, again, @libertybele
   His main campaign issue, which I think he stole from Sen. Cruz anyway, will now be Governed by pelousi and her fellow dems and Trump will cave blaming everyone else and his hard core supporters will eat it up. 
   We've all been conned by the populism of DJT, as Gen Kelly insinuated this morning, He's just not up to the task.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2018, 11:30:54 pm »
   Very Good Point, again, @libertybele
   His main campaign issue, which I think he stole from Sen. Cruz anyway, will now be Governed by pelousi and her fellow dems and Trump will cave blaming everyone else and his hard core supporters will eat it up. 
   We've all been conned by the populism of DJT, as Gen Kelly insinuated this morning, He's just not up to the task.

Without a doubt he stole the campaign idea from Cruz -- he had the money and the ability to dominate the media.

I've stated this before, but I still think that there is a chance that he inserted himself into the election to ensure that a conservative (Cruz) didn't get the nomination; which IMHO would explain a lot as to what he's done and why.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2018, 12:23:32 am »
"I've stated this before, but I still think that there is a chance that he inserted himself into the election to ensure that a conservative (Cruz) didn't get the nomination; which IMHO would explain a lot as to what he's done and why."

Cruz would have lost to o'er-the-hillary in a landslide if he'd been nominated.

The democrat-communists would have beaten him to death over the "Canadian born" issue.

Cruz -is- a good conservative Senator, an important force there.
But... he'll never be president.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2018, 12:28:28 am »
"I've stated this before, but I still think that there is a chance that he inserted himself into the election to ensure that a conservative (Cruz) didn't get the nomination; which IMHO would explain a lot as to what he's done and why."

Cruz would have lost to o'er-the-hillary in a landslide if he'd been nominated.

The democrat-communists would have beaten him to death over the "Canadian born" issue.

Cruz -is- a good conservative Senator, an important force there.
But... he'll never be president.

I strongly disagree.  He would have easily won over Hillary in a landslide and the only one who made the Canadian issue an issue and brought strong focus was Trump.  Trump went after EVERYONE except Hillary.  Why?  She was the true opponent.  Even during the debates he handled her with kid gloves.  Why?  With all the evidence that has proven her corruption, she continues to get a free pass enabled by none other than Rod Rosenstein who is a part of that corruption, whom Trump appointed. Why?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2018, 03:09:05 am »

That was the point @libertybele   Kudos for getting it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2018, 03:13:08 am »
I strongly disagree.  He would have easily won over Hillary in a landslide and the only one who made the Canadian issue an issue and brought strong focus was Trump.  Trump went after EVERYONE except Hillary.  Why?  She was the true opponent.  Even during the debates he handled her with kid gloves.  Why?  With all the evidence that has proven her corruption, she continues to get a free pass enabled by none other than Rod Rosenstein who is a part of that corruption, whom Trump appointed. Why?

What the hell are you talking about?  Are you seriously claiming that Trump never went after "Lock her up!" Hillary.  Are you forgetting the "you'd be in jail" moment?

What the hell is your point @libertybele

Offline corbe

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2018, 03:34:57 am »
What the hell are you talking about?  Are you seriously claiming that Trump never went after "Lock her up!" Hillary.  Are you forgetting the "you'd be in jail" moment?

George F'in Pataki would have beat hellary, IMHO Trump was the only one that couldn't and except for 70000 votes in 3 states he almost didn't.  #MAGA
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2018, 03:46:59 am »

He didn't go after Hillary.  He honored her at the Inauguration lunch.  That was embarrassing.  His daughter was seated with the Clintons.  He also said she had suffered enough.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.