Author Topic: Daughters of foot doctor say Trump's bone spurs diagnosis given as a favor  (Read 2605 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Daughters of foot doctor say Trump's bone spurs diagnosis given as a favor
by Kimberly Leonard
 | December 26, 2018 10:16 AM

A New York City podiatrist may be responsible for helping President Trump eschew military service during the Vietnam War.

The daughters of the now-deceased podiatrist, Dr. Larry Braunstein, told the New York Times that their father often recounted the story about how he had given Trump a diagnosis of bone spurs in the heels. The implication, they said, was that the diagnosis was provided as a favor to his father, Fred Trump, who owned the building where his practice was located.

Trump received the diagnosis in 1968, which disqualified him from serving in the military. Prior to that he had also received several educational deferments.

The daughters, Dr. Elysa Braunstein, 56, and Sharon Kessel, 53, confirmed the story, saying that in exchange Fred Trump would swiftly handle any issues in the building.

The daughters, both Democrats, said they are not fans of President Trump.

They also said a second podiatrist, Dr. Manny Weinstein, may have been involved. Weinstein died in 1995, and had lived in two different apartments owned by Fred Trump.

Bone spurs are calcium growths in the heel that can become painful and spread to the legs if untreated. A patient who has them typically undergoes physical therapy and applies warm or cold compresses to the heel.

The New York Times did not find documentation to help verify the series of events, and President Trump has said in the past that he does not recall which doctor diagnosed bone spurs. The Trumps sold the building where the podiatry practice was in 2004, and Braunstein died in 2007.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/daughters-of-foot-doctor-say-trumps-bone-spurs-diagnosis-given-as-a-favor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Daughters of foot doctor say Trump's bone spurs diagnosis given as a favor
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 03:32:38 pm »
The New York Times did not find documentation to help verify the series of events, and President Trump has said in the past that he does not recall which doctor diagnosed bone spurs.

But it is the seriousness of the claims that demand we print this hearsay story.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 03:38:54 pm »
I'm sure there are peope who suspected as much back during the campaign.  At this point WGAF?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 03:42:03 pm »
Trump can't face a person he considers his enemy.  He does his attack with words away from that person.  He wouldn't be able to be a soldier as that, particularly in those days, would required confrontation with an enemy who could kill him.  He is afraid of bacteria and afraid someone will poison him.  Although I didn't have proof he got a fake diagnosis to keep him out of the military, I'm not surprised about the daughters confirming that happened.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 05:50:30 pm »
But it is the seriousness of the claims that demand we print this hearsay story.

We got 'im now!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 05:57:29 pm »
Now do Bill Clinton.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 06:18:06 pm »
That’s it. I’m withdrawing support and tearing up my trumpkin card. Better to impeach Trump (and smear republican’s by proxy), and usher in more democrats next election, than to have one more day of a Russia loving, Vietnam war draft-dodger in the White House.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 06:47:20 pm »
Trump can't face a person he considers his enemy.  He does his attack with words away from that person.  He wouldn't be able to be a soldier as that, particularly in those days, would required confrontation with an enemy who could kill him.  He is afraid of bacteria and afraid someone will poison him.  Although I didn't have proof he got a fake diagnosis to keep him out of the military, I'm not surprised about the daughters confirming that happened.

What the hell are you talking about? 

And no, the daughters didn't "confirm" anything.  It's guilt by implication.  **nononono*

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 07:26:57 pm »
That’s it. I’m withdrawing support and tearing up my trumpkin card. Better to impeach Trump (and smear republican’s by proxy), and usher in more democrats next election, than to have one more day of a Russia loving, Vietnam war draft-dodger in the White House.

I am with you!  They need to pack him up in a crate now, and ship him over to Slovenia, if that is where his wife really comes from...  you know, Melania (if that is really her name)...  I'm thinking that they can just make him an orange Prince over there...  Orange Prince of Slovenia....

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 07:40:47 pm »
Sick of N.T.'s....President TRUMP is in danger daily! Same as a soldier. 11 attempts on his life, and family. HE IS SERVING..NOW! 
COMMANDER IN CHIEF.  Doing MORE for our country, than being a foot soldier.  Crazy people. www.magapill.com

We have Bill Clinton, Bernie Sanders, many, Obama. No one cares they didn't serve.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 07:42:11 pm »
Now do Bill Clinton.

Yes. Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders.  I have a copy of President Trumps draft card.  He was  A-1..TWICE...just did not get called. He had a high number. I thought it went by birth date?  Right now, he has a MORE DANGEROUS, FRIGHTING JOB , than any soldier!  Who can he trust?  11 attempts on his life.  He is SERVING RIGHT NOW. COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

Lord, the things said about him, all false, attacks daily since 2015!  Yes, he is in a war.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+untruth+of+donald+trump&view=detail&mid=D2BA040F6F4B581A8D65D2BA040F6F4B581A8D65&FORM=VIRE

Sorry...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 07:45:42 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline EdJames

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 07:53:40 pm »
Sick of N.T.'s....President TRUMP is in danger daily! Same as a soldier. 11 attempts on his life, and family. HE IS SERVING..NOW! 
COMMANDER IN CHIEF.  Doing MORE for our country, than being a foot soldier.  Crazy people.

We have Bill Clinton, Bernie Sanders, many, Obama. No one cares they didn't serve.

Eleven attempts on his life?  I never heard about one.  Do you have proof of this, or is this some kind of crazy talk rumor?

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 07:55:08 pm »
The Russian collusion hoax must be going really well, if the Times has to dredge up an unsubstantiated 50-year old accusation...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 07:58:04 pm »
The Russian collusion hoax must be going really well, if the Times has to dredge up an unsubstantiated 50-year old accusation...

Surely Mueller will now start digging into this as a side bar to his Russian investigation.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 08:00:53 pm »
Right now, he has a MORE DANGEROUS, FRIGHTING JOB , than any soldier!

I rarely LOL and follow it with a groan. Well done.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 08:06:37 pm »

I rarely LOL and follow it with a groan. Well done.

When she posts it's more like  :banghead:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2018, 08:57:32 pm »

I served at that very time, in personnel management personnel records,
Again civilian doctors only did NOTwrite deferments, limited duty profiles, etc.

Of course that could have been true, in the Psychobabble corps.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2018, 09:09:22 pm »
COMMANDER IN CHIEF.  Doing MORE for our country, than being a foot soldier.  Crazy people. www.magapill.com

Nor did Paul Ryan, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, John Kasich, Ted Cruz, Ben Sasse, Jeff Flake, Bill Kristol, Bob Corker, Rand Paul.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2018, 09:14:51 pm »
   @truth_seeker please keep me out your crap, I was 2 years old, a Canadian Citizen at the time and my Mom couldn't afford a podiatrist.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2018, 09:22:44 pm »
@corbe,  That is a lie.  I saw you sitting on the "Group W" bench back then.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 09:24:22 pm »
   @truth_seeker please keep me out your crap, I was 2 years old, a Canadian Citizen at the time and my Mom couldn't afford a podiatrist.

Offline corbe

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2018, 09:27:31 pm »
   I served, USAF 70-74 even though I had a high draft number it was the only way I could stay out of State Lockup. 
   Never had VD either, so by Trump Logic,  I guess I won that war.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2018, 11:08:35 pm »
Eleven attempts on his life?  I never heard about one.  Do you have proof of this, or is this some kind of crazy talk rumor?

You’re joking, right? The president and family have been threatened quite openly in the media, in music, in print, and on social media platforms.

And with all the partisan crazy talk about the dangers Trump poses to Planet Earth, civilization and Motherhood, what makes you think the secret service hasn’t investigated credible threats especially on the life of this president?

Offline EdJames

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2018, 11:24:38 pm »
You’re joking, right? The president and family have been threatened quite openly in the media, in music, in print, and on social media platforms.

And with all the partisan crazy talk about the dangers Trump poses to Planet Earth, civilization and Motherhood, what makes you think the secret service hasn’t investigated credible threats especially on the life of this president?

There is a huge difference between "threats" and "attempts" as that post stated.

Threats probably number in the thousands...  I have not heard/read about any "attempts" on his life.

Oceander

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2018, 11:36:55 pm »

Yer nutz!