Author Topic: To “Celebrate” Christmas, Police to Forcibly Remove City’s Entire Homeless Population  (Read 1429 times)

rangerrebew

To “Celebrate” Christmas, Police to Forcibly Remove City’s Entire Homeless Population

Matt Agorist — December 25, 2018

Honolulu, HI — To “celebrate” Christmas Eve, the Waikiki Police Department is planning to remove all of the city’s homeless population in a massive sweep. The action has prompted backlash from the community as well as the ACLU.

During the early morning hours, from 3:00 to 5:30 a.m. offices will sweep the town and forcibly remove all tents, gear, and people from the streets.

Executive director of the ACLU of Hawaii, Josh Wisch spoke to KITV, saying, “The city’s continuing effort to criminalize the houseless are – in our view- not only illegal and constitutionally questionable, but they’re ineffective and cruel. Doing this on Christmas Eve is unconscionably cruel.”

https://freedomoutpost.com/to-celebrate-christmas-police-to-forcibly-remove-citys-entire-homeless-population/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This has to be fake news.  Why if this was happening Sen Weezie Hirono would be on the news.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
"criminalize the houseless"   *****rollingeyes*****

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Guess it was being conducted.   But a little different take on the actual facts!

https://www.kitv.com/story/39689781/christmas-eve-homeless-sweep-upsets-civil-liberties-groups

The city calls this a "compassionate disruption." Acting Mayor Roy K Amemiya, Jr. says in a statement, “Outreach workers have been canvassing this area and working with these individuals to address their needs including making sure shelter space is available. We are committed to finding more housing solutions in the near and long term. We are also committed to working with our partners on these compassionate disruption efforts, and making sure these Individuals have access to any mental health or substance abuse treatment they might require. True compassion is working to get everyone off the street. This is not an overnight process, but rather than spending Christmas on the street, we hope these people will be able to spend it in a shelter, with access to the care and services that they need. As of Friday we identified at least 50 shelter spaces available to the entire population."

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Let us not forget that Mary and Joseph were homeless weren’t they? At the time of Jesus’ birth?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 03:55:12 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Wingnut

Let us not forget that Mary and Joseph were homeless weren’t they? At the time of Jesus’ birth?

No they were not that is a  myth pushed by open borders fans

The trite rhetoric that Jesus's human parents were poor, homeless migrants is unabridged fiction not worthy of repetition.

Joseph, husband of Mary, was a skilled tradesman, a carpenter, in the small city of Nazareth. That was their home. They trekked to Bethlehem because Big Government (Rome) ordered them to go there to pay Rome's taxes and report their residence and other personal information (the census) to Rome.

When they arrived at Bethlehem, all the inns were full of people who had gone there to comply with the government's edict. Joseph could afford a "hotel" room, but none were vacant. They were able to rent lodging in a stable, and Jesus was born in the stable. The stable might have been safer and more private than the inns. In those times inns were known for communal beds and for robbery and assault.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Well, if I’m going to be corrected, I can’t think of a finer person to be corrected by. Thank you.

@The Ghost 👻

Online mountaineer

Exactly right, Ghost. Mary and Joseph were neither homeless nor refugees. They were - like us - just overtaxed, overregulated citizens!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

Well, if I’m going to be corrected, I can’t think of a finer person to be corrected by. Thank you.

@The Ghost 👻

I didn't mean to come across rude or harsh especial on the day our savior,  Jesus Christ was born.   8888mistltoe

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I didn't mean to come across rude or harsh especial on the day our savior,  Jesus Christ was born.   8888mistltoe

Absolutely not! Check your pm! I’m glad to learn something. The day I stop learning plant me six feet under.

Offline NavyCanDo

Regardless of the validity of the story, Hawaii has a huge vagrant problem like I never seen before. Our limo driver from the Maui airport said they were given one-way tickets to Hawaii from as far away as New York. The mainland dumping their problem on them. And with the vagrant population growing along with it drugs and crime.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
You know, that’s why I like it here. If you make an error/mistake people aren’t mean about it,

That’s how we learn you know. Making mistakes. Such nice people here, @mystery-ak and mods.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 05:30:25 pm by Freya »

Offline verga

The trite rhetoric that Jesus's human parents were poor, homeless migrants is unabridged fiction not worthy of repetition.

Joseph, husband of Mary, was a skilled tradesman, a carpenter, in the small city of Nazareth. That was their home. They trekked to Bethlehem because Big Government (Rome) ordered them to go there to pay Rome's taxes and report their residence and other personal information (the census) to Rome.

When they arrived at Bethlehem, all the inns were full of people who had gone there to comply with the government's edict. Joseph could afford a "hotel" room, but none were vacant. They were able to rent lodging in a stable, and Jesus was born in the stable. The stable might have been safer and more private than the inns. In those times inns were known for communal beds and for robbery and assault.
QFT Thank you. Years ago my in-laws invited us to their church to hear my niece in the choir for Christmas Eve. The lady minister tried to pass this palaver off. I corrected the in-laws that evening and the minister several days later. I didn't want to cause a scene in the church.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Maybe true, but that stable was not allowed per zoning codes, lacked building permits, inspections, and had not paid building fees. Further the owner of the stable was in violation, of usage regulattions and had not paid hotel room taxes.

Jesus himself however, might become "legal" under DACA.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

Regardless of the validity of the story, Hawaii has a huge vagrant problem like I never seen before. Our limo driver from the Maui airport said they were given one-way tickets to Hawaii from as far away as New York. The mainland dumping their problem on them. And with the vagrant population growing along with it drugs and crime.
Wow. But that's what we probably should expect from our Democrat-run cities.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Night Hides Not

Maybe true, but that stable was not allowed per zoning codes, lacked building permits, inspections, and had not paid building fees. Further the owner of the stable was in violation, of usage regulattions and had not paid hotel room taxes.

Jesus himself however, might become "legal" under DACA.

Well, if truth be told, only one of his parents was a natural born Jew. LOL

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.