Author Topic: In areas backed by Turkey, Syrians welcome US withdrawal  (Read 577 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In areas backed by Turkey, Syrians welcome US withdrawal
« on: December 23, 2018, 06:26:30 pm »
Syria
In areas backed by Turkey, Syrians welcome US withdrawal
By AFP

By Nazeer al-Khatib

AZAZ, Syria - Residents and fighters in territory held by pro-Turkish rebels in northern Syria cautiously welcomed Washington's decision to pull out troops, viewing it as a chance to push further into Kurdish territory.

"The withdrawal is positive", said Mustafa Hamush, a resident of Azaz, a city at the heart of a Turkish zone of influence in Syria's bewilderingly complex civil war.

"When the US withdraws its forces, the Kurdish authorities will automatically be weakened," said the 20-year-old fashion designer, adding that Turkey and its Syrian rebel allies could seize Kurdish-held regions east of the Euphrates River.

Continued at: http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/syria/231220182

Reporting both sides of the story.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: In areas backed by Turkey, Syrians welcome US withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 06:28:26 pm »
Reporting both sides of the story.

No you are not. You have some sort of fetish for war in Syria and almost all your threads show it.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 07:25:41 pm »
It's still both sides of the issue.

I may slant against Russia or China but usually I just post stories, our troops are in Syria, it is a national story, we've been in that area for decades. It is a national interest, we may well be on our way to building another base or two in Iraq and Pompeo has been over there lately.

Slanted against Russia, good. They have TOS afterall.

Anyone is welcome to post.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 07:45:09 pm »
No you are not. You have some sort of fetish for war in Syria and almost all your threads show it.

It is a newsworthy subject, and I’m glad he’s doing the hard work of posting articles for us to read and you to bitch about. 

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 03:39:38 am »
If one looks at Syria, let's see...

You have Russia, the USA for now at least, Syria, Assad, Iran, Hezbollah, Turkey, al Qaeda, ISIS,  I mean, it's quite a cast of characters and that is just for starters.

That is why and per Obama, more people, many more people have been killed in the war in Congo and Obama is right, why wasn't as much emphasis put on that?  I agree, more African stories...