Author Topic: Trump Supporters Silent as President More Successful at Attacking 2nd Amendment Than Obama  (Read 4410 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
LOL  He killed 58 people are what you're pushing is that the bump stock was illegal?  I don't know if you know this, but the killing part is illegal.

And yes, I think full auto should be legal.  People don't decide not to go on killing sprees because they can't get their hands on a full auto.

:amen:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

:amen:

You cheer that on and then wonder why public opinion on semi autos tanks because with this device they will be the same as full autos. Enjoy being stuck with only double barrel shotguns to shoot.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bullshit. Bump stocks allow the shooter to empty a magazine as fast as the action on the gun will allow. The result is the same as full auto.

Well as an aside the people who frequent your gun store are stupid azzholes. Some gimmick that is not even a part of a gun is being banned and they are acting like it is the Clinton gun ban? Give me an effing break.

I don't want a fully-auto AR-15,because I am more a fan of marksmanship than spray and pray.  That said, I don't want  to deny spraying and praying to others who want it.  Personal choices.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I don't want a fully-auto AR-15,because I am more a fan of marksmanship than spray and pray.  That said, I don't want  to deny spraying and praying to others who want it.  Personal choices.

888high58888
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline RoosGirl

I said mainstream. The GOA hasn't done jack shit to effect and protect my rights in their 40 years of being around. They are mostly a bunch of Ron Paulers who want grenade launchers legalized.

That's just flat out false. 

Offline Frank Cannon

That's just flat out false.

The NRA has been openly getting Pro 2nd A people elected, getting out in front of shootings to defend people like me, taking cases to court and winning to allow others in gun unfriendly areas to own guns, pushed like hell to end Clinton's gun ban and the list goes on. WTF tangible has the GOA done that made a dimes worth of difference in my gun owning world?

Offline RoosGirl

The NRA has been openly getting Pro 2nd A people elected, getting out in front of shootings to defend people like me, taking cases to court and winning to allow others in gun unfriendly areas to own guns, pushed like hell to end Clinton's gun ban and the list goes on. WTF tangible has the GOA done that made a dimes worth of difference in my gun owning world?

You should be very interested in the first one:

https://www.ammoland.com/2015/05/gun-owners-of-america-goa-victory-in-the-u-s-supreme-court/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-rights-activists-are-on-a-political-roll-with-four-recent-wins

Offline Frank Cannon

You should be very interested in the first one:

https://www.ammoland.com/2015/05/gun-owners-of-america-goa-victory-in-the-u-s-supreme-court/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-rights-activists-are-on-a-political-roll-with-four-recent-wins

LOL. Are you for real? In their 40 years in action all you can come up with is that they allowed a felon to transfer his weapons to someone else so he wouldn't be out the $3500 and that they were against a Paul Ryan shit show bill that every American in the country was against? God effing damn. What a vitally important organization in my life. This shit is so much more important than Heller.

BTW what the hell does Manuel V Joliet have to do with shit? It was about being able to sue cops.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-joliet-police-supreme-court-case-20160115-story.html

Offline RoosGirl

LOL. Are you for real? In their 40 years in action all you can come up with is that they allowed a felon to transfer his weapons to someone else so he wouldn't be out the $3500 and that they were against a Paul Ryan shit show bill that every American in the country was against? God effing damn. What a vitally important organization in my life. This shit is so much more important than Heller.

BTW what the hell does Manuel V Joliet have to do with shit? It was about being able to sue cops.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-joliet-police-supreme-court-case-20160115-story.html

I'll stick with GOA over NRA any day since NRA has a history of folding like a cheap suit over "minor" erosions to 2A.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'll stick with GOA over NRA any day since NRA has a history of folding like a cheap suit over "minor" erosions to 2A.

LOL. Sure. They are not in there fighting tooth and nail for felons. God bless them.

Offline RoosGirl

LOL. Sure. They are not in there fighting tooth and nail for felons. God bless them.

With the recent changes Trump pushed, along with his buddy Kuntye, to give all those felons second chances, you should be happy about that.

Offline Meldrew

Bullshit. Bump stocks allow the shooter to empty a magazine as fast as the action on the gun will allow. The result is the same as full auto.

There's a commercial that shows a knife sharpener sharpening the edge of a credit card and cutting fruit cleanly. The result is the same as a kukuri knife. Shall we ban the sharpeners or the credit cards?

Well as an aside the people who frequent your gun store are stupid azzholes. Some gimmick that is not even a part of a gun is being banned and they are acting like it is the Clinton gun ban? Give me an effing break.
Ah, most insightful Mr. Ambassador.  Ad hominem is always so elucidating. Met a lot of them have you?  I suspect not as I'd have probably have heard their opinon of you. wink777  While I agree that bump stocks are pretty stupid, if they are "not even a part of a gun" why then do we need to ban them?  No one in my store or here has mentioned the Clinton gun ban.  I would guess most folks would like this current usurpation to be like the Clinton gun ban because at least that had a sunset and eventually went away.  Is there such a sunset to this executive order?  I'm not sure which is why I really have a problem with this. 

You are essentially arguing that the Executive branch can arbitrarily change the definition of and then ban a piece of plastic that, by your admission isn't even a "part of the gun".  That's a pretty leftist way to go about things don't you think? 

Give me an effing break.

I would ask that you and the rest of the petty authoritarians who think like you seem to give the rest of us, and our civil rights, a break. 

Merry Christmas Mr. Ambassador. 

Online DB

Why not have Trump do an executive order to require governors on a car's top speed. No car needs to go more than the state's speed limit...

And in reality would likely save many more lives than this feel good ban on a piece of plastic that can be printed on a 3D printer in minutes.

It is for the children and all - and emotional security for others...

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I was thinking that Bump Stocks were going to be treated like machine guns.

And by reading the proposed rule change, I see that is true. But since no bump stocks were manufactured before 1968, once the rule become active, one cannot possess, buy or sell a bump stock. So one can still own full auto weapons, made before 1968, if your state permits, but will not be able to own a bump stock.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/03/29/2018-06292/bump-stock-type-devices

SUMMARY:

The Department of Justice (Department) proposes to amend the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives regulations to clarify that “bump fire” stocks, slide-fire devices, and devices with certain similar characteristics (bump-stock-type devices) are “machineguns” as defined by the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA) and the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA), because such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger. Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter. Hence, a semiautomatic firearm to which a bump-stock-type device is attached is able to produce automatic fire with a single pull of the trigger. With limited exceptions, primarily as to government agencies, the GCA makes it unlawful for any person to transfer or possess a machinegun unless it was lawfully possessed prior to the effective date of the statute. The bump-stock-type devices covered by this proposed rule were not in existence prior to the GCA's effective date, and therefore would fall within the prohibition on machineguns if this Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) is implemented. Consequently, current possessors of these devices would be required to surrender them, destroy them, or otherwise render them permanently inoperable upon the effective date of the final rule.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20181221/nra-statement-on-bump-fire-stock-rule

This week, the Department of Justice announced that it would soon be releasing a final rule classifying “bump-stock-type-devices” as “machineguns” under the National Firearms Act.

These devices came to national attention in October 2017 after the horrific attack in Las Vegas.  As multiple media accounts correctly pointed to at the time, there was overwhelming legislative support for proposals that went far beyond these specific devices and some that could have potentially jeopardized all semiautomatic firearms. Rather than sit back and watch a legislative over-reaction, the NRA asked Congress to let ATF review its prior determinations on bump fire stocks.

Some have used our October 2017 statement to claim that NRA supports ATF’s final rule, but as NRA-ILA’s Executive Director Chris Cox noted only days after our statement was issued, “We don’t believe that bans have ever worked on anything.”

We also made this clear in our comments to ATF on the proposed rule earlier this year. In our comments, we further advised that ATF should at a minimum make an amnesty period available to deal with the fundamental inequity imposed on law-abiding gun owners who purchased their bump fire stocks in good faith reliance on prior ATF determinations. We continue to pursue the availability of a period of amnesty with the administration.

While there can be disagreement on legislative strategy, it’s important to remember that we will soon face a hostile, anti-gun Congress led by Nancy Pelosi. It’s critical that all gun owners unite and prevent the Bloomberg-bought Congress from dismantling our Second Amendment freedom. 

Offline RoosGirl

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20181221/nra-statement-on-bump-fire-stock-rule

@Amb. Frank Cannon Eat it.

Offline Frank Cannon

There's a commercial that shows a knife sharpener sharpening the edge of a credit card and cutting fruit cleanly. The result is the same as a kukuri knife. Shall we ban the sharpeners or the credit cards?
Ah, most insightful Mr. Ambassador.  Ad hominem is always so elucidating. Met a lot of them have you?  I suspect not as I'd have probably have heard their opinon of you. wink777  While I agree that bump stocks are pretty stupid, if they are "not even a part of a gun" why then do we need to ban them?  No one in my store or here has mentioned the Clinton gun ban.  I would guess most folks would like this current usurpation to be like the Clinton gun ban because at least that had a sunset and eventually went away.  Is there such a sunset to this executive order?  I'm not sure which is why I really have a problem with this. 

You are essentially arguing that the Executive branch can arbitrarily change the definition of and then ban a piece of plastic that, by your admission isn't even a "part of the gun".  That's a pretty leftist way to go about things don't you think? 

I would ask that you and the rest of the petty authoritarians who think like you seem to give the rest of us, and our civil rights, a break. 

Merry Christmas Mr. Ambassador.

You keep playing your semantics games with your slack jawed clientele all you like and then wonder why you have had all your semis made illegal because you lost the PR war on guns.

Guns are a political issue. Loss of public support on them is going to turn this place into England overnight. Thinking some stupid gimmick add on for a gun is something to go to the mat on is absurd. It is going to put 2nd A rights in the same boat as Abortion because most of the block heads in that movement are all or nothing.

I'd like to carry a Thompson just for shits and giggles. Why isn't there outrage from you over the govt' not letting me do that? That is an actual shooting device banned to the general public and not some add on appliance made from the same material as a dildo. 

Online DB

You keep playing your semantics games with your slack jawed clientele all you like and then wonder why you have had all your semis made illegal because you lost the PR war on guns.

Guns are a political issue. Loss of public support on them is going to turn this place into England overnight. Thinking some stupid gimmick add on for a gun is something to go to the mat on is absurd. It is going to put 2nd A rights in the same boat as Abortion because most of the block heads in that movement are all or nothing.

I'd like to carry a Thompson just for shits and giggles. Why isn't there outrage from you over the govt' not letting me do that? That is an actual shooting device banned to the general public and not some add on appliance made from the same material as a dildo.

One little bite at a time... Sooner or later its all gone...

Offline Frank Cannon

One little bite at a time... Sooner or later its all gone...

Yeah. That's what they said after the Clinton gun ban where we all went out and paid through the nose for pre-ban guns only to have the market flooded with that shit a few years later when it was reversed.

BTW no one cares about these stocks because almost no one owned one prior to that shooting. Beyond that there are 52 ways to do the same effing trick with your AK without handing some moron $100+ for his appliance. Wanna fight about something? How about getting silencers and switchblades legalized. There is actually a solid argument for both. Can't think of one good reason for bump stocks.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I don't care what he was doing. He had a bump stock that made his weapon illegal and killed a shitpile of people with it.

Do you support the use of bump stocks or any other devices that convert semi auto to full? Do you think full auto should be legal?

Full auto is legal. It’s just very expensive and requires a special ATF stamp. The Vegas shooter spent enough money on gambling, arms, ammo, and accessories to buy a few.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Full auto is legal. It’s just very expensive and requires a special ATF stamp. The Vegas shooter spent enough money on gambling, arms, ammo, and accessories to buy a few.

Oh bullshit. Everyone knows that the restriction on full auto are so obtuse almost no one outside of a museum can own and use one.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Oh bullshit. Everyone knows that the restriction on full auto are so obtuse almost no one outside of a museum can own and use one.

No, @edpc had it right, few can afford the pre-ban guns. The reason they are so expensive is demand outweighs supply.

Also visit any large state gun rights group and you will find they support the GOA over the NRA any day of the week. The NRA is a laugh most the time when it comes to honestly supporting gun rights (in league with the Sheriff's groups more than gun owners).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 05:38:09 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

Making it harder for someone to get the effect of full auto is not pointless.

Yes it is. Utterly pointless.

Any redneck boy on the planet knows how to build and use a bump stock.
It is an idiot stupid pet trick I knew how to do before high school.

Offline roamer_1

Not at all pointless, except for good ol' boys who know how to get shit done and anyone who wears pants with belt loops. NSFW.

That's right.

Offline roamer_1

Apples and oranges. With a bump stock you have conventional control of the weapon. With this hillbilly shit you are literally shooting from the hip. A lot less likely to hit your target with the belt loop.

Nonsense. All you have to do is stop fwd pressure on the stock... and as I have said numerous times before, the very same thing can be rigged with nothing but a rubberband and a popsicle stick.

IOW, the only way to stop bump stocks is to stop manufacturing semi automatics.